No announcement yet.

Ex. Island Venture 1972, Ex. Island Princess 1974, Discovery 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery today, 9 March-2011 at Miraflores locks, Panama Canal.
    www.pancanal.com webcams

Comment

Comment

Comment

Discovery was then visible from the high resolution camera at Miraflores:

Comment

Leaving the lock:

Comment

I then realised that the angle of the webcam on the tab labelled “Centennial Bridge” had been changed to look back in the opposite direction. (I don’t know if it was later switched back towards the bridge as Discovery passed –if so I missed it.)

Comment

However, Discovery was visible in Pedro Miguel lock on the “ExpansionProgram” tab.

Comment

Comment

Brilliant spots in the Canal!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Discovery at Gatun locks:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          Brilliant spots in the Canal!
                          It was one of those fun days virtual travelling, pakarang!

I think I have now identified what will surely be my favourite bit of deck to hang out on #32/1, level of the bridge wings.

And Ralf, I think you can now consider me fully motivated for my real voyage on Discovery in May! (except when I am looking through my photos of Greenland and Thailand and get a bit “want to be there again” feeling ).

Comment

Ouff!! That's good, because I believe I am about running out of material...

Nooo! To be serious, a Baltic cruise was also an idea by my parents in law several times. Maybe we can motivate them for 2012. This will be a nice topic to talk about during our cruise in November. I will show your coming report to them!!
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Seagull’s Voyage of Discovery – May 2011

It’s 7:30 in the morning on the 14th of May 2011. The place?….Portsmouth, next to some of those enviable type of new apartments with a view to die for. You can see the narrow entrance to the harbour from here, and even at this time of day there are cargo ships, a naval vessel and several ferries …all duly photographed for that future time when a particular CV Official Photographer runs out of things to contribute to our beloved forum!
                              I managed to get the AIS up and running on my iPad…and so I was poised and prepared for this….

… the arrival MV Discovery!

Comment

What an entrance that was! Here she is moments later with the tug SD Bountiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X