Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS Marco Polo

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking ship isn’t she. Nice trip down memory lane, Sterkoder. A reminder too of the extent to which you have always been a fantastic photographer. Bring all these things together in #27.2 and you get a masterpiece.

As for longing for better weather, (and it's snowing again in Edinburgh right now), those last two images, post #28, somehow made me think of Asimut’s photos from Torrevieja –the bright water that Janihudi mentioned, the colours.

Comment

Re: MS Marco Polo

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Sitting here, last evening before going back to work after a 10 days Easter break, going through some old photos from July 2007 when "Marco Polo" visited Kristiansund.
      Facinated by classic lines, I picked a few images, cut them heavily, and are re-posting "close-ups" of old images taken with my old FujiFilm Finepix, just to try to take myself away from the winter and snow which I'm so fed up with.

Holy...., look at those lines!!! They don't make'm like that no more. Sadly....
      WAOW..... amazing to see that picture!

The ships made today aren't made the same way.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: MS Marco Polo

Marco Polo ship report:

Have to say she looks nice inside...
        Olympus user
        E-M1, E-M5
        w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
        MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
        MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
        MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
        MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
        MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

To all those of you that loves old, classical ships, this is a video you just HAVE TO see, if you haven't seen it before.

This is a cruise on board the Marco Polo to the Baltic, as featured on Mighty Cruise Ships, Smithsonian Channel.

So happy that I came across this episode by a coincidence on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKls_6fWjw

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Marco Polo in Kristiansund 26th October 2018
            ​​​​​​IMGP0058 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then on 27th March 2019
            ​​​​​​IMGP1165 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And what do you know..., I managed to capture Marco Polo far out at sea north-west of Arromanches in Normandy on 6th June 2019
            ​​​​​​IMGP2403 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
            X