Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ocean Liner Artwork (Continued)

Old Link: Old Thread Link

Here is hopefully my next drawing for you all. Seeing as Queen Elizabeth 2 is now retired, here's my tribute to the grand old lady.

And.... Wow! it's so much easier to insert an image now. Fantastic work done on CV, a big big thank you for that!!
    Regards
    SaintsFCFan
    Last edited by SaintsFCFan; December 9th, 2010, 23:19.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Fantastic... almost unreal images. I love the clarity and detail, a job well done for sure.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you very much Jan-Olav. Many more to come, they just take many weeks and sometimes months to complete. But it's a pleasure to do them!!
      Regards
      SaintsFCFan - Paul

Comment

Splendid work sir. Can you do one of the OCEANIC? Or the SS UNITED STATES? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain RJ View Post
          Splendid work sir. Can you do one of the OCEANIC? Or the SS UNITED STATES? Thanks!
          Captain RJ, sir you are in luck. I have the 2nd ever liner drawing I did. It's a little raw and rough around the gills. But it is the Big U.

I hope this fits the bill!
          Last edited by SaintsFCFan; December 9th, 2010, 23:20.

Comment

Absolutely stunning images... you have a very special talent and a very good eye for the old liners of yesteryear's.

I feel very privileged to have a look at your work and imagine how they would look in real if my time machine was working.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Jan-Olav, it is a pleasure to put them on here. Some of my earlier work was very raw and basic, but it shows how you can get a little better at what you do, if you have a little patience.

Comment

Have you made any renderings of the Norway with her great blue hull and sleek lines?

She may not have been a true ocean liner after her transformation in '79, but she carried the inheritance of one very great vessel.

Comment

Jan-Olav, I haven't drawn Norway yet. However, that can be remedied. I will have a go at Norway for you. I have several other projects to complete first, but I shall do Norway as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                    Jan-Olav, I haven't drawn Norway yet. However, that can be remedied. I will have a go at Norway for you. I have several other projects to complete first, but I shall do Norway as soon as I can.
                    Looking forward to the result and I have no doubt it will be a stunning result.

May I ask please, how many hours in average do you spend on each ship?

Comment

Jan-Olav, normally I spend not less than 100 hours per drawing. Usually about 140 hours.
                      Patience is needed.
                      Last edited by SaintsFCFan; December 24th, 2008, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                        Jan-Olav, normally I spend not less than 100 hours per drawing. Usually about 140 hours.
                        Patience is needed.
                        I do believe you: patience is a must in such a project. Looking forward to seeing more ships being added: the quality of these is simply superb!

Comment

Hi all,
                          Here's one I did in March of this year. The Normandie for you!

When time allows, as with all things. I will draw a stern version of her.
                          Last edited by SaintsFCFan; December 9th, 2010, 23:22.

Comment

I am out of words.... Beautiful work !!!
                            "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
                            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

You are very welcome sir! ......And a merry xmas to you all.

Comment

Working...
                              X