Norwegian Royal Yacht "Norge"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oslo, 5 September 2011.

What a beautiful ship. I especially like the lines of the launch.

Comment

Well, she's certainly gorgeous!! Firstly from 1st May 2005, dressed overall, K/S Norge in Oslo.

And then from June 29th 2011 at the opposite end of the country - in Honningsvåg: Oriana was just coming onto the new Kai Nord, Lofoten was on the Hurtigruten pier, the sun was shining - and just when you thought it couldn't get better a slightly different ship's whistle could be heard.

Much excitement on the wing bridge of Oriana as the Pilot realised what was happening, followed by a shift of middle-class Englishmen around the boat as they were told what was approaching. Norge's visit was in connection with Queen Sonja's Finnmarken trip of this summer.

Her young crew lined the bow on approach to the berth, and then wished they were taller when it came to getting the gangplank into place.

Even Royal Yachts need the shopping unpacked!

And with all the unpacking done, everyone off to head to the bus to North Cape - having first saluted the flag.

Fantastically Norwegian, quite touching, very beautiful.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
        Well, she's certainly gorgeous!!
        Mark, those pictures are terrific! I love the way you have captured the everyday work on board, something that we seldom see.

Comment

Thanks Tommi. As you know, here in Britain our Queen used to have a beautiful Royal Yacht too .... then I think that politics got in the way.

I suppose that the good thing is that Britannia is now open to the public at Leith (Edinburgh) so that everyone can enjoy her splendour - but there's something so, so thrilling when you see Norge - next to the Festning in Oslo or far, far away in Finnmark.

I hope that the Norwegians reading this don't mind us sharing just a little of your pride in this magnificent vessel and what she stands for. She's lovely.
          Last edited by PoloUK; October 26th, 2011, 23:51.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Re: Norwegian Royal Yacht "Norge"

In post #92 picture nr. 3:
            What in heavens name happened to the teak varnish/coating...??
            The railings and door looks very much worn and in a state we are not used to see aboard that particular vessel.

Great photos though, thanks Mark!!!!
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great images: even more fantastic that you have also been able to capture the crew "in action".
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

PS: Lady C, didn't we have a special thread here for the "Britannia"?

I can't find it any more....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  PS: Lady C, didn't we have a special thread here for the "Britannia"?
                  I can't find it any more....
                  Hahahahahah…Oh pakarang, excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor after the biggest laugh I’ve had for a long time as I imagined you struggling to find the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth of the matter is that lazy Seagull had never bothered to get out and take photos of Britannia until she had a VERY IMPORTANT VISITOR who insisted she did so!

You will find the photos of Britannia in Lookchin bear’s thread, starting here and (after a short detour to Starbucks) going on up to the end of page 9.
                  Enjoy!

Comment

Another Norge photo - this time in Oslo. This is what a photographer like me (i.e. not very good!) describes as 'atmospheric' (which means poorly lit, dark and grainy!).

Taken from the back of something a bit bigger and also white coming off the berth at Vippetangen, heading south to Denmark! A colleague who flew out of Gardermoen on the way back from the same meeting as I'd been to sent a photo from the 'plane of our DFDS ship at this point as he flew overhead!!

Last edited by PoloUK; November 19th, 2011, 22:33.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A few recent shots of the Royal Yatch:

From Søndre Akershuskai:

From Aker Brygge:

Where she is usually moored, at Filipstad:

Olympus user
                      E-M1, E-M5
                      w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                      MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                      MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                      MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                      MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                      MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

I read in the local paper for Fosen recently she had been up here.... off course, I read of it afterwards, and not before she comes....

Comment

KNM Norge in Geiranger today:

Comment

I saw in a newspaper she was also in Ålesund yesterday (?).... pity she's not coming to Trondheim as well.

This yacht is one of the finest vessels sailing around the Norwegian Coast.

Comment

The Norge is in Aalesund today, on her way to Tromso: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article492143.ece

Comment

"Norge" on the trip in to Tromsø with Queen Sonja onboard in august.
                                The Queen had been opened a new nature trail on island Vannøya.

Last edited by Azimut; October 1st, 2012, 11:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X