Norwegian Royal Yacht "Norge"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwegian Royal Yacht "Norge"

Here is an example of what I just stated above about today's use of flags on ships:

This Singapore vessel is at anchor in Singapore and is flying the Singapore "Red Ensign" on a short pole on top of the wheelhouse.
    This is appropriate as the Red Ensign is the flag that should be flown by Singapore registered Merchant ships. (Although the flag is dirty and worn out)

In the mast you can see the Singapore National Flag, flown from the Stbd. yard arm as the "flag of courtesy", which is also correct. Only problem is that courtesy flag is NOT required in this case, as the vessel is Singapore registered and in Singapore waters.
    Last edited by ombugge; July 7th, 2011, 03:53.

Comment

Here are some pictures from KS "Norway" while they were in Tromsø last month.

The sign says the steamer, and for a moment I thought we had gotten a new coastal ship

One must take advantage of sunny days for maintenance, which in this case painting

Comment

Galley crew has just emptied two pallets of food supplies and taking them on board.

This ship was given as a gift from the Norwegian people to King Haakon VII in 1947
        Tonnage: 1700 Gross tons
        Crew: 53 people

Comment

And the final images

Comment

Fantastic pictures of "Norge" !!!!
            Funny the way you pictured the royal yaght behind that Hurtigruten-sign...., and holy-help me, what a beauty those ISPS fences are!!!
            What on earth are this nonsense?
            (Or are they only temporary due to the visit of "Norge"?? Let's hope for the latter).
            And being somewhat hanged up in details, I see they even use 'kongeblå' masking band when painting around the windows
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Fantastic pictures of "Norge" !!!!
              Funny the way you pictured the royal yaght behind that Hurtigruten-sign...., and holy-help me, what a beauty those ISPS fences are!!!
              What on earth are this nonsense?
              (Or are they only temporary due to the visit of "Norge"?? Let's hope for the latter).
              Thanks, Sterkoder
              These fences are only temporary set up because of the developer of the new port terminal and upgrading of the quays.
              Once this is completed you will get completely different fences as it was before they started work on the docks.

Prostneset is now one big construction site, and I look forward to the day that the terminal is finished.
              When there are cruise ships at the dock, it is impossible to get near because of strict security.

Comment

When there are cruise ships at the dock, it is impossible to get near because of strict security.
                That's why we should have gone into serious and fruitful discussions with the harbour authorities and security companies around, to get an understanding and agreement like the NSFF (Norsk Spotter og Flyentusiast Forening) have when it comes to aircraft and airports with the Avinor and Luftfartstilsynet.
                I know that harbours are not that closed as airports might be, but the NSFF has got better access, specified spotter ramps and their own ID-access cards from the deal they made.
                It's only a matter of presenting ourselves and get ISPS-cards...
                (Oh yes, it's always easier to say it).

Comment

Bengt, all I can see of your usually excellent pictures is a message from Photobucket that says; "Upgrade to Pro today".
                  This appears to apply to some but not all P.B. users, while others appears to function fine.

I have serious problems with Photobucket again, which they blame on Singnet, my service provider.
                  I'm unable to upload pics and most other functions are also unresponsive.

PS> I am a Pro subscriber.
                  Can you please confirm that you and other CVF members don't have this problem??

Comment

I have used Photobucket for 3.5 years and have had Pro Account for 2.5 years, but this morning all my photos suddenly disappeared from the forum pages.

My subscription renews automatically every year but apparently not this time.
                    This is frustrating since I have never had any problems with Photobucket.
                    I have sent them an email and hope they can explain to me what is wrong.
                    Irritating when this happens.

Comment

Specially since you've got the Pro edition.
                      I've used the PB Pro myself for some years now, with the automatic renewal, and never had any problems since that time.
                      Let me (us) hear what the PB team say, if you get any words from them.

Comment

Great photos of Norge

I've just been using Photobucket (pro) to upload and post some photos - no problems at all.
                        Last edited by Seagull; July 22nd, 2011, 16:05.

Comment

Hi and thanks, Seagull
                          I may misunderstand, but do you see the pictures I posted last night of "Norge" ?

Comment

Yes they are all there.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                              Yes they are all there.
                              They are not here on my screen. Or do you visit Bengts album on PB....?

Comment

I had been viewing Captains Voyage using Firefox 5.0 and Bengt’s photos including #47 to #49 of Norge were there OK, but I just checked and found that they weren’t showing on other computers here, or on my iPad. I therefore realised they might be in the cache on this computer from when I viewed them briefly last night, and yes, doing a forced refresh (Control F5) I am now getting the Photobucket Bandwidth exceeded message.

Comment

Working...
                                X