John Maxtone-Graham and his new FRANCE/NORWAY book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lecture in Miami

If you are in Miami on April 15th, there will be a dinner at the Banker's Club with John Maxtone-Graham lecturing on his new book France / Norway.

For details see:
    http://www.nscnaccmiami.org/MaxtoneGrahamEvent.htm

Comment

Originally posted by wolfieb View Post
      If you are in Miami on April 15th, there will be a dinner at the Banker's Club with John Maxtone-Graham lecturing on his new book France / Norway.

For details see:
      http://www.nscnaccmiami.org/MaxtoneGrahamEvent.htm
      I would love to have participated but time is not on my side.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hello Jan Olav:

I had the good fortune to attend JMG's lecture at ther Bankers Club. The event was sold out, the dinner buffet was excellent, and JMG's program was quick, informative, and humorous supported by interesting
        images of the FRANCE, NORWAY and her crew.

The other gratifying aspect of the event was about half of the people attending were former NORWAY crew from every department, deck, engine, hotel, gift shop, cruise staff and entertainers, plus shore side staff from NCL. It was like old home week and a number of the former crew had not seen each other for a number of years.

By the time the event was over, after many laughs and a few tears, everyone once again realized how incredibly special the NORWAY was.
        Jeff

Comment

I would have loved to be a part of that, more than anything else, but the timing this time wasn't right.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: John Maxtone-Graham and his new FRANCE/NORWAY book

Originally posted by Skyward View Post
            Hello Jan Olav:

I had the good fortune to attend JMG's lecture at ther Bankers Club. The event was sold out, the dinner buffet was excellent, and JMG's program was quick, informative, and humorous supported by interesting
            images of the FRANCE, NORWAY and her crew.

The other gratifying aspect of the event was about half of the people attending were former NORWAY crew from every department, deck, engine, hotel, gift shop, cruise staff and entertainers, plus shore side staff from NCL. It was like old home week and a number of the former crew had not seen each other for a number of years.

By the time the event was over, after many laughs and a few tears, everyone once again realized how incredibly special the NORWAY was.
            Jeff
            It's too bad the powers that be at NCL decided that the Norway would go the way of the Canberra(Scrapyard) instead of the SS Rotterdam(Hotel Ship).

Comment

Re: John Maxtone-Graham and his new FRANCE/NORWAY book

I’ve been away for a while, and I just read this thread. I was thrilled for you Jan-Olav!!!

John Maxtone-Graham is the most venerated maritime author of our time, and for him to include you is a great honor. I have his Normandy book; I’m a huge fan.
              He also showed what a great man he is by sending you a letter of apology!
              (but I really think he shoulda stapled a copy of the book to it!!!!)

I don’t see how any book about the France/Norway could tell her story, and not include you.
              You are as much a part of that ship, as she is a part of you. I’ve always said that you should write a book too.

I also like the photo he chose to include in his presentations, but
              I think he should've chose this one:

I see the thrill and excitement, and the wonderment and bliss, all in the look on your face.
              Like all your dreams had finally come true.

This photo moved me so much that I downloaded it. Knowing your story, it’s very inspirational!!!
              What were you really thinking at that moment??
              Also how did JMG know that he misspelled your name did he visit the site???

I can't wait to buy this book. He also has a Titanic book coming out for the anniversary! (Him and everybody else!!!)
              Bill H.

Comment

Working...
              X