Clear All

Re: Sjøkurs ex. Ragnvald Jarl

X-BOW and BOW-CAM

Old and modern times

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The last ones taken from the church over at Nordlandet

Hope you all enjoyed this report from the 'Summerboat' call to Kristiansund

Comment

If you can see this video from the arrival of SJØKURS ti Kristiansund, the camera was 5 meters to my right...., and another camera from the local tv-station picked up the welcoming hug/kiss from sundbåten FRAMNÆS.

http://www.tk.no/video/article6783369.ece

Comment

Very interesting to see. And what a lot of boats, you've must have had a great party going on in Kristiansund yesterday!

I tried to figure out about the different cameras on board. The bow camera is a Bradley engineering "Gyro 236", while the top of the line Cineflex gimbal is located on the starboard bridge wing. The one on the top of the bow is hard to identify.

Comment

Well what can I possibly say! What a city, what a harbour, what a welcome, what a celebration…. that sea of small boats! I only know that had I been present, there would have been so many moments with such a heady mix of excitement and emotion that I’m sure I’d never have been able to hold a camera steady (let alone see through a happy-tear streaked viewfinder)! Not to mention deciding which spotterplace to head for next!

I know I shouldn’t , but if, just if I had to choose only one image, how about #179/4. Summer indeed. (…and I could sneak in #180/2 too as a “skyscape” kind of thing with those flags …and how about #182/2 with the excuse “technical interest” ……and….and!!!! )

Comment

Want to say so many thanks to you for a brilliant report from Kristiansund, Sterkoder!
              You sure delivered,as you said you would.
              I was watching the show,and i must say that i was amazed to see so many boats. Didnt know that Kristiansund had that many boats,but i guess that shows that this is a city where people just love the sea.

Comment

The continuance in Bergen:

Comment

Comment

Such a breezy fresh “life on the ocean wave” feel to #188/2, and totally wonderful to see Sjøkurs and Nordstjernen together.
                    ( ...and I love the Sommeråpent reflections.)

Comment

The bow-cam disappeared, it looks like a bowsprit now.

Comment

Wonderful documentation of her summer-journey along the coast - but I can't help but feel a bit sad that her condition is not better.

I don't know if my expectations are too high or if I think she is in need of maintenance, but I fall for the last one: in need of external work.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Some pictures of Sjøkurs early this year taken right after the summer vacation during our anuall recruitment voyage.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Jona...jxixy.jpg.html

Comment

Welcome, Jonas!
                            Some pretty nice pictures of a beautiful ship there, and I had to smile when I saw that red L on her stern :-)
                            I don't know if you are aware of the possibility, but as a Photobucket user myself, I can say that you will have images directly into your post if you click IMG under the picture in Photobucket, then Copy, then click into the post here at CaptainsVoyage (CVF) and click Paste. Just a friendly tips :-)
                            Hope you find much interesting in here and that you enjoy your visit and membership :-)

Comment

Welcome Jonas - absolutely, beautiful photos. But it would be great if you could paste the photos as Svein suggests - that way everyone can enjoy them.
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Nice stuff Jonas!
                                I noticed some "classic pranks" among the pictures, the pirate flag and the "L"-sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X