• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommi
    started a topic March 2013 small roundtrip

March 2013 small roundtrip

Hi all,
    Since a while my supervisor at work have been worried about the increasing amount of un-used free hours in my time banks, so I decided to take some time off during this winter. Since I'm not a ski-guy, sailing is not doable this time of year on the north half of the globe and being home is boring I decided to book some tickets...

I'm hereby very happy to announce a March re-visit to Norway!

I'm flying to Trondheim on Sunday 3rd March, taking Lofoten northbound to Tromsø where I'll arrive on the afternoon of 6th. Home voyage will be later same night with Finnmarken to Trondheim, arriving Saturday 9th with flight back to Sweden via Copenhagen same day (SAS cheap tickets).

It would be very nice to say hi to some of you along the coast, and I would be even happier if there are some CVF'ers that would like to join me for some part of the journey. I know that we have a lot to talk about!

I have some question marks that someone might help me to sort out:
    A nice good value hotel in Trondheim?
    What to do on a Wednesday evening in Tromsø?
    Will my red 2011 NN coffee mug still be valid for "Coffee deal"?

• Sigve
    replied
    Re; Finnmarken Experience:
    Great video Tommy! I traveled with Finnmarken in October, and recognize the ship as well as the landscape. Looking forward to more!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Thank you all for the very kind comments. Now I'm up to the great job to finish the next film, actually a bit of a challenge to get it perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Wow Tommi! I was hooked from the instant I saw the snow in the spotlights.
    Entranced by the sweeping camera work of the ship interiors, and the cuts throughout perfectly edited to the music.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Superb as usual Tommi.We feel as we are onboard.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Great stuff from Tommi - as usual. Feels COLD! I'm going to have to throw another chair leg on the fire to warm up after watching that I think.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Has anyone been waiting for some video to come up? We'll here's the world premiere for the first one, Finnmarken Experience!

Best viewed in full-HD!

More to come, keep an eye in the Lofoten thread.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

Richard on board Midnatsol in Harstad. (the seventh person from the left).

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Awesome images.... Finnmarken is such a beautiful vessel - perhaps my favourite (Hurtigruten) ship right now?
    When you get used to the size, then it's a great ship indeed. It kind of has everything you'll ever need.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Awesome images.... Finnmarken is such a beautiful vessel - perhaps my favourite (Hurtigruten) ship right now?

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Thank you all for the comments.
    yvneac, I have a feeling that it might take a while until I return to Norway, but you'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied

It's a great report Tommi.
    I'm waiting for your next trip with Hurtigruten....

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied

Such an amazing report. It is so nice to read how you decided to take your time to make pictures or something else, depending on the weather. It is so nice to revive the trip together with all of you and read the comments of all you Hurtigruten lovers. Tommi, all these pictures are really professional. Look at these Svolvaer and Stamsund pictures. This is great art to catch up all these lights in such a breathtaking way. Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

Thanks for sharing the trip Tommi. Really enjoyed this - great photography, stunning views and two wonderful ships.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I like Petter Dass looking as I’ve never seen him before!, and “Lighthouse study” where the angles of roofs and their protuberances are so satisfying (as well as being such a pleasing combination of red and blue-grey). But the ones I keep coming back to are the “Snow covered skerries” (#165/5), and the companion piece (#169/1). What a pair to blow up large and hang side by side in a minimalist dream apartment or white-walled exhibition space!

Oh and as for the flag waving …well, how can one not wave at a passing HURTIGRUTE!!!! Albeit flagless, I’ve even found myself doing it many a time…

Added in edit:- Oh Tommi my post just crossed with your final episode… an enormous thank you for all you have shared and for making me feel as if I really did come along on this Small Round Trip after all.
    Last edited by Seagull; March 30th, 2013, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X