X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

Tromsø approach.

New houses.

We moore at the well known Rica Ishavshotel. This is also the place to store your luggage.
    Articgateway meets me at the quay. We then have a long walk around the town. Soon there is a insane snowfall, i'll get back to you with some more photos as soon as I have edited the photos.

Comment

We happened to pass by the quay when Lofoten was about to depart.

And the snowfall kind of returned.

A reverse pakarang view.

There she goes.

Comment

Its always exciting to see photos from my own area. Wonderful pictures! It's a joy looking at.

Originally posted by Tommi View Post

This mornings ship meeting (photos coming later!).
        This is really nice. Probably my favourite photo so far in your report.
        Old meets newer (and dare I say prettier without getting arrested?). Looking forward to see the rest of the photos from this meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by carinahansen View Post
          Its always exciting to see photos from my own area. Wonderful pictures! It's a joy looking at.
          This is really nice. Probably my favourite photo so far in your report.
          Old meets newer (and dare I say prettier without getting arrested?). Looking forward to see the rest of the photos from this meeting.
          Thanks, great to hear that you appreciate the photos.
          Yes, more coming up, but it'll probably take some time before I have the possibility to edit these.

Comment

Originally posted by carinahansen View Post
            Its always exciting to see photos from my own area. Wonderful pictures! It's a joy looking .....
            Another thread today where I just knew someone who would say what I want to say, but more eloquently. I'm just loving this part of Tommi's trip report in Carina-country, and was so pleased that so talented and educated a photographer as Carina even homed in on my own favourite image of Tommi's
            Last edited by Seagull; March 19th, 2013, 09:24.

Comment

Great to hear that you're enjoying yourselves.

This trip report have now landed in Tromsø, where I and "arctic gateway" (Jens) had a pretty snowy walk around the town.

Interiours from ølhallen.

We more or less covered the whole central parts of the town. After watching Lofotens departure we had some dinner at Yonas-pizza, located just outside Rica Ishavshotel. Later we ended up having a beer at the classic pub Tromsø Jernbanestasjon.

I'll post the rest of the pictures in the "This is Tromsø"-thread.

Comment

A little teaser:

Comment

…to boldly go…...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                    A little teaser
                    As Oliver Twist would say : please Sir, I want some more.
                    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Everybody calm down, first I have to get the time to edit more photos!

While you wait, can someone figure out where spaceship Finnmarken is located in the last picture?

Comment

Stamsund? The roof at the right side could fit.....also the "daylight" on a southbound winter trip.
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

…it’s Stamsund but not as we know it

Comment

Absolutely correct, Stamsund it is.

Occasionally it was hard to take pictures onboard a rolling ship...

Comment

Hi Tommi!
                              I must say that i am really amazed by the fabulous pictures u share with us. The quality,the details,the composing is outstanding in almost every pictures i think.
                              It is almost like i am there with you on your voyage on Lofoten.
                              Have u thought about publishing a travellers-book after this? Your pictures is for sure not standing back for those in any other books published!
                              I look forward to see more.....

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteHelge View Post
                                Hi Tommi!
                                I must say that i am really amazed by the fabulous pictures u share with us. The quality,the details,the composing is outstanding in almost every pictures i think.
                                It is almost like i am there with you on your voyage on Lofoten.
                                Have u thought about publishing a travellers-book after this? Your pictures is for sure not standing back for those in any other books published!
                                I look forward to see more.....
                                Thank you very much!
                                I feel that I have some degree of uniqueness in my pictures, but I don't know if they are worth a book. In that case it would be a book with a great co-writer. Anyone up for some writing?

Comment

Working...
                                X