March 2013 small roundtrip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

Fantastic, and great fun for me who has never been on a hurtigrute so long as to picture interior and daily life.
    And what a great picture you got in post #72/6..., what speed!
    In a strange way I'm getting drawn into the image
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Super, Tommy and how nice is that comment in #68/3. I would not have expected something else on a "real postship". That is a nice appetizer!
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Really feeling emotional commenting in this thread now, for as you know Tommi I had hoped so much to have been able to join you somewhere along the way. So it’s so nice what you said about having CVF folk around on the forum as well as for real –I was about to say I’d followed you every step of the way, but perhaps not every step as you eluded me along the quay in my Bronnøysund webcam-watch!! …I’ll blame Boudicca-watching on AIS for that!!

I love the rain…the droplets in the best blue-chair shot for a long while, the serendipity of the effects of rain-on-lens actually enhancing the resulting night portrait of the ship in #73/4, but most of all the semi-abstract rain-on-window image #71/3. I’ve taken many a wistful melancholy mood grey rain-on-window image of one kind or another, but this one of yours somehow captures a kind of spring-like anticipation and optimism. Perhaps it is the pastel colours, especially the green and yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post

The weather outside is wet, so I'm spending quite much time inside.
          A great atmosphere in all your pictures Tommi, but I think this is one of my favourite (along with #73/4 and the dynamic effect given by the wet lens, and also #73/1).
          MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
          Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
          My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Thank you all for the comments. I can assure that there are plenty more to come. As you probably noticed, I'm also posting pictures in the Lofoten thread, mostly those with more documentary value.

I had a good laugh about the "best blue-chair shot". Is that a official CVF-photocategory from now?

Comment

Talking about blue, the next morning was quite blue.

Actually the camera tends to interpret everything a bit bluer than it actually was.

Especially when there also was artificial light in the same picture. I recall this morning a bit more grayish.

But since the blue fits well in the pictures I let the pictures remain that way.

A good opportunity to capture a new avatar.

Comment

Some old monument...

Comment

Moored in Ørnes.

We have a quite fluffy snowfall.

Time to depart. The gangway is removed without a forklift.

Comment

Time to shoot some postcard photos.

Still successfull.

Ok, now we're beginning to run out of subjects, or more specific, you actually cannot see anything.

I was saved by the faithful deck chairs:

Comment

I was saved by the faithful deck chairs:
                      I love this picture!! And that house in the pictures above this is so beautiful. I almost felt like living there.

Comment

A familiar sight in Bodø.

Gamle Salten. I like cities where you can find real ships in the city center.

Traveling with just the included breakfast gave me a possibility to look for some lunch ashore. I ended up at the local "Big bite" restaurant, that was quite much as the more well known "Subway" serving subs and sandwiches. Terrific service by the talkative lad behind the counter.

Things not to be found in Sweden have to be documented. But what is it, a water post?

Comment

Originally posted by carinahansen View Post
                          I love this picture!! And that house in the pictures above this is so beautiful. I almost felt like living there.
                          Thank you. Isn't it strange how we can relate to these objects? Lousy weather and very usual deck chairs - but yet very nice.

Comment

Bodø bikes out of order today. It was around 5-10 cm of new snow in town.

Fork-lift exhibition on the quay? Toyota Tonero models 25, 30 and 35. I was sitting in the upper saloon reading and watching the quay just in case Jan Martin would show up. I ended up chatting with a Malaysian girl until Lady C commended me for a photo mission:

Down in the cafeteria they were serving Lofotens 49 years in service birthday cake! Nice. I enjoyed the cake while exchanging contact information with Joshua from Australia.

Next: Crossing Vestfjorden
                            Last edited by Tommi; March 11th, 2013, 23:59.

Comment

Things not to be found in Sweden have to be documented. But what is it, a water post?
                              Fantastic pictures Tommi.
                              Your question, what is this. It's a fire hydrant - water post for the Fire Department.
                              Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

....I had a good laugh about the "best blue-chair shot". Is that a official CVF-photocategory from now?
                                Yeapp!!!….and I have to admit (though rather proudly) that, along with the now-famous “pakarang view”, it was a casual remark of mine that launched the subject. So, though clearly less relevant to your recent trip, note also the usage “blue-chair day” for good sitting outside weather!

Needless to say I like the row of blue chairs here too (note the two shades!), the blue early morning shots, Gamle Salten in Bodø with falling snowflakes, and the snowy bicycles.

Oh look, I get a mention…and I love the resulting cake photo [insert yummy smiley here!] Photo-mission most definitely accomplished

Comment

Working...
                                X