Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    tran = cod liver oil = yukkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!
    The announcement was:"we promise - no ice, and no water poured into necks, no freezing, but you'll receive a free present if you attend ". So I guess they're happy with their souvenir spoons. :-)
    Thanks for tip about Boudicca, will keep my eyes open.
    The sunny hours seem to be over now, just entering some snow showers again! ;-)
    Last edited by Tommi; March 10th, 2013, 00:34.

Comment

Finnmarken now in Sandnessjøen…

www.arnebjornvold.com

...and Boudicca just overtook you 13:20 your time!
      Last edited by Seagull; March 8th, 2013, 14:21. Reason: ...update on Boudicca

Comment

Hey, you missed me when I walked the quay. Just after leaving Sandnessjøen we got 110% sunshine for an hour. Now we're back to 500m visibility, so I'm having coffee and a bite at Babettes cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          Hey, you missed me when I walked the quay. Just after leaving Sandnessjøen we got 110% sunshine for an hour. Now we're back to 500m visibility, so I'm having coffee and a bite at Babettes cafe.
          Lovely view!! You choose the right days to travel Tommi.

www.bt.no
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

It's a big lottery!
            I wonder what to do next : interior video or swimmingpool revisited?
            Btw: do anyone have anything that needs to be documented on board?

Comment

So, I'm back in Sweden since yesterday afternoon. When travelling alone it's really nice to meet some people here and there and also have you around here on the forum. I have a huge amount of material, and as usual - the most of it will probably never end up on the net, but if there's something particular you're interested, please let me know.
              I arrived in Trondheim last Sunday and after checking in at Thon Hotel Gildevangen I met Jan-Olav. I would like to thank you for the extensive city sightseeing, you really know some places with really nice views over the city. We had some snow during the drive and as the darkness fell it became harder and harder to find some good views to photograph. Pictures from Trondheim coming up later when I have the time to edit.

The next day the snow have transformed to rain and everything was gray outside. I took the walk from the hotel to Lofoten, which had arrived at 8:00 that morning.

After doing a photo round on the southbound m/s Nordkapp I walked to Pirkaia to meet Richard on Midnatsol. We had some coffee before walking back to Lofoten.

CVF people doing propeller-spotting.
              Last edited by Tommi; March 10th, 2013, 21:56.

Comment

Richard waving me of in Trondheim.
                Last edited by Tommi; March 10th, 2013, 22:05.

Comment

Our captain is working hard. I almost missed the meeting since I was talking to a nice Australian that Richard had met in Bergen.

The landscape is a mixture of winter and spring.

And yes, we do have a postflag!
                  Last edited by Tommi; March 10th, 2013, 22:15.

Comment

So sharp pictures you take, nice one with the rudder and propeller, and great that you met up with Jan-Olav.
                    I guess he showed up as the best guide to Trondheim you can find

(Is it only me, or is the starboard anchor of LOFOTEN in a way twisted? We never see that side when moored in Kristiansund so...)
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 10th, 2013, 22:58.
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      So sharp pictures you take, nice one with the rudder and propeller, and great that you met up with Jan-Olav.
                      I guess he showed up as the best guide to Trondheim you can find

(Is it only me, or is the starboard anchor of LOFOTEN in a way twisted? We never see that side when moored in Kristiansund so...)
                      Thank you.

I didn't notice the strange anchor while traveling, but when I look at the pictures it actually seems to be a bit weird.

Comment

And the voyage goes on.

In case you need a Lofoten souvenir, they have 25% of toothbrushes and key-chains.

The weather outside is wet, so I'm spending quite much time inside.

Comment

Still more or less wet.

People seems to be enjoying themselves despite the gray weather.

A lot of unused deck chairs.

Funnel study.

For those not been on a traditional ship before, the rear part of the ship is actually vibrating so much that I seriously was concerned about those vibrations causing blur in my pictures!

Getting closer to a narrow passage with many sharp turns.

Comment

The dinner this evening was actually really nice, probably the tastiest Hurtigruten dinner I've ever eaten, just perfect.

Captain mooring Rørvik.

While the cargo is handled we are visiting a old partner: M/S Nordnorge.

Not too easy to keep the lens dry in this weather.

Weather and textures combined in one picture.

Time to leave Rørvik.

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow!
                            Last edited by Tommi; March 30th, 2013, 09:16.

Comment

Keep 'em coming Tommi. Great to see a demonstration of how photography in dodgy weather can still be fantastic - thanks for taking us on this journey with you!
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hurray, the pictures are coming

Comment

Working...
                                X