Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

We want cats!

Just kidding! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
      We want cats!
      Just kidding! :-)
      But of course we want cats Bengt! ...and none of this kidding Tommi! ...naturally I assume that cats goes without saying, exactly the same as any boat/ship that happens to be around!

Comment

I echo Cecilia's request 100%. And could we have a few little lizards please, Bengt?
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hello all,
          soon time to pack for the coming week, I really need a break from the everyday routines.

I'm hitting Trondheim on Sunday, and having a rendez-vous with Richard on board Lofoten on Monday.
          Maybe our captain will have some time to spare?
          Bodø and Stamsund will be visited on Tuesday. Jan Martin and Carina, will you be around?
          Wednesday morning, Harstad - Kristian, Olaf? Later that evening I'm meeting ArticGateway in Tromsø where I'll leave Lofoten while Richard will go all the way around.
          All possibilities for more meetings on my way south, Joakim in Sandnessjøen?

Anyone southbound on Finnmarken next week?

Comment

Tommki, that certainly will be a "meet the family" trip.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
              Bodø and Stamsund will be visited on Tuesday. Jan Martin and Carina, will you be around?
              Wow how soon this suddenly got. I'm there. I'm acctually visiting the travel guide onboard that day, so that fits well. I'll be onboard, hanging by the gangway

Comment

Bergen webcam is now showing how Lofoten is departing to Trondheim, about 11,5 hours after schedule.
                Last edited by Tommi; March 3rd, 2013, 11:09.

Comment

A quick update from Trondheim,
                  Had a nice sightseeing with pakarang around the town. Not too easy to combine dusk, snowfall, photography and sightseeing, but we gave it a good try! :-) Thank you very much for the drive!
                  On the schedule side there's some things going on. Lofoten will be on schedule tomorrow morning from Trondheim. Richards however rebooked from Lofoten to Midnatsol, which actually is moored here in Trondheim. So tomorrow there's a CVF rendezvous on Pirkaia.

Comment

Good morning Trondheim!
                    Here’s the webcam view at the Hurtigruten quay with Nordkapp and Lofoten.

Midnatsol at the cruise terminal pier.

Comment

Why is Midnatsol in Trondheim as well?

As we were leaving from Bergen aboard MS Lofoten on Feb8th, we passed Midnatsol which was coming back to Bergen (around 11pm, so half a day early?). I wondered why she was coming back to Bergen at this hour... Is it the winter conditions that alter the schedule so much or something else?
                      MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                      Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                      My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                        Why is Midnatsol in Trondheim as well?

As we were leaving from Bergen aboard MS Lofoten on Feb8th, we passed Midnatsol which was coming back to Bergen (around 11pm, so half a day early?). I wondered why she was coming back to Bergen at this hour... Is it the winter conditions that alter the schedule so much or something else?
                        Weather - both Trollfjord and Midnatsol had altered schedules over the weekend.

MS Trollfjord. Grunnet dårlig vær, så har MS Trollfjord endret som følger:

Avgang Trondheim 02.03.13 kl. 20.00. Havnene Rørvik, Brønnøysund, Sandnessjøen, Nesna og Ørnes er innstilt.

Videre rute er som følger:

Ankomst Bodø kl 18.30, avgang Bodø kl 19.00. Stamsund er innstilt.

Ankomst Svolvær kl 23.00, avgang Svolvær kl 23.15.

Ankomst Stokmarknes kl 01.45, avgang Stokmarknes kl 02.00.

Ankomst Sortland kl 03.00, avgang Sortland kl 03.15.

Ankomst Risøyhamn kl 04.30, avgang Risøyhamn kl 04.45.

Ankomst Harstad kl. 07.00, avgang Harstad etter ordinær ruteplan.

************************************************** ****************

MS Midnatsol, 02.03.13 Grunnet dårlig vær har skipet innstilt alla anløp mellom Trondheim-Bergen-Trondheim. Skipet ligger nå ved Ila kai, og seiler til Pir 1 på mandag. Skipet går i ordinær rute fra tirsdag 05.03.13.
                        Last edited by PoloUK; March 4th, 2013, 10:59.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Waved Tommi & Lofoten off from Pier 1 on schedule. We rendezvoused on both Midnatsol & Lofoten. Lofoten very smart with shiny black paint even on mooring "bollards", that won't last long!

I'm following Tommi N on Midnatsol tomorrow (to KKN & back to Bergen) - happy to met any CVF members at ports.

Having waved Lofoten off I started walking back to Midnatsol's berth (cruise ship berth near Pierterminalen) via local REEMA1000. Came out from shop to see Midnatsol sailing away! - fortunately only to the vacated Pier 1. (I did expect her to move this afternoon but it did come as a bit of a shock to see my ship sailing off)
                          Fair Winds & Weather,

Richard

TF 09/05; TF BGO-KKN-TOS/KH TOS-BGO 05/06(hit seamen's strike ); TF Xmas/New Year 12/06; MS 05/08; Lofoten 03/10; MS 03/11 TRD-KKN-BGO(broke ship ); MS 01/12 (Astronomy Voyage), LO 03/13 - changed to MS (Astronomy Voyage again!) as LO delayed after maintenance; LO 03/14 BGO-KKN-TRD

Forthcoming: Lofoten 31/10/15 BGO-KKN-BGO

Comment

Richard, you seem specialized for extraordinary happenings on Hurtigruten travels. I wish you a nice trip, i hope you will enjoy being on Midnatsol instead of Lofoten. You know, that wouldn't have been my option. We will follow you both.

Again: Enjoy, both of you!!
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                              You know, that wouldn't have been my option.
                              It would have been mine!! Have a great time!
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

And todays weather is: a lot of snow! Visibility is approx 500 meters, not too many pictures taken today. Anyone have a lunch recommendation in Bodø?

Comment

Working...
                                X