March 2013 small roundtrip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 2013 small roundtrip

A variation of the blue/white coastal skerries featured earlier in this thread.

The wall is getting closer!

Comment

And here the snow comes!

A low mood picture?

So re-visited the pool. Actually I was bathing all the way to Brønnøysund before I got up to the sauna which actually was warm today. I had a chat with a Englishman on a round trip, he seemed to enjoy Finnmarkens sauna.

Comment

After Brønnøysund there was really a lot of snow everywhere!

I later found this parked on deck:

A snow thrower!

Surprise!

A glimse of the sunset before Rørvik!

Comment

The ship meeting in Rørvik.

Nordnorge once more! As you remember, I already met Nordnorge in Rørvik when traveling north with Lofoten.
          I made another walk through the ship and saw some familiar faces. Particularly the girl in the cafeteria seemed to recognize me from the CVF Autumn cruise.

I know there are fans out there for this...

Comment

Pretty impressive.

Finnmarken in all of it's glory.

When I get back to Finnmarken there is some kind of musical entertainment going on in the Fløibaren. It didn't sound very interesting, so I spent the rest of the evening up in the panorama lounge just enjoying the silence and the voyage.

Comment

Next morning, everything that even remotely reminds of a snow blizzard is totally gone:

Finnmarken has arrived to the same quay where I embarked Lofoten a few days earlier. For company we have Polarlys.
              After having a nice breakfast I leave my cabin and make a photo walk-around on board Polarlys

Some picture has to be the last of the journey, and it happened to be this classical Trondheim view. I catch the Hurtigruten arranged bus to the airport before flying back to Sweden via Kastrup in Copenhagen. The rest of Finnmarkens trip south will be a pretty sunny one, and was for example captured by sterkoder in Kristiansund.

This part of the trip report is pretty much finished, many thanks for all that have been reading and watching, and great thanks for all the feed back.
              There are of course some more pictures to be posted in other threads, I guess you'll be happy to wait!?

Comment

I like Petter Dass looking as I’ve never seen him before!, and “Lighthouse study” where the angles of roofs and their protuberances are so satisfying (as well as being such a pleasing combination of red and blue-grey). But the ones I keep coming back to are the “Snow covered skerries” (#165/5), and the companion piece (#169/1). What a pair to blow up large and hang side by side in a minimalist dream apartment or white-walled exhibition space!

Oh and as for the flag waving …well, how can one not wave at a passing HURTIGRUTE!!!! Albeit flagless, I’ve even found myself doing it many a time…

Added in edit:- Oh Tommi my post just crossed with your final episode… an enormous thank you for all you have shared and for making me feel as if I really did come along on this Small Round Trip after all.
                Last edited by Seagull; March 30th, 2013, 10:45.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the trip Tommi. Really enjoyed this - great photography, stunning views and two wonderful ships.
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Such an amazing report. It is so nice to read how you decided to take your time to make pictures or something else, depending on the weather. It is so nice to revive the trip together with all of you and read the comments of all you Hurtigruten lovers. Tommi, all these pictures are really professional. Look at these Svolvaer and Stamsund pictures. This is great art to catch up all these lights in such a breathtaking way. Thank you so much!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

It's a great report Tommi.
                      I'm waiting for your next trip with Hurtigruten....

Comment

Thank you all for the comments.
                        yvneac, I have a feeling that it might take a while until I return to Norway, but you'll never know.

Comment

Awesome images.... Finnmarken is such a beautiful vessel - perhaps my favourite (Hurtigruten) ship right now?
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            Awesome images.... Finnmarken is such a beautiful vessel - perhaps my favourite (Hurtigruten) ship right now?
                            When you get used to the size, then it's a great ship indeed. It kind of has everything you'll ever need.

Comment

Richard on board Midnatsol in Harstad. (the seventh person from the left).

Comment

Has anyone been waiting for some video to come up? We'll here's the world premiere for the first one, Finnmarken Experience!

Best viewed in full-HD!

More to come, keep an eye in the Lofoten thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X