No announcement yet.

::: Finnmarken ::: Art feature of Dagfinn Bakke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Oistein. I did not know that so far! Tiedemann was mot so amused, i guess.

Here are today's additions:

IMG_1322 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1323 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1324 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thank you for continuing this wonderful thread of images!

And thank you for posting a rendering of me too... (post 31/1).... trying to find my way across the fjord from Flakk to Rørvik. LOL
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Haha, then try to find yourself in today's additions. In the first one for sure. Trying to catch the ship in the fjord for magic pictures...

IMG_1325 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Yves???

IMG_1326 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Teaching the steersman on Hansteen?

IMG_1327 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... You are so correct, Ralf. Thanks for sharing these images from my daily struggles.

In the first image, the Captain squeezing the "throttle" to it's maximum is so ... ehhh... economically out of line with company procedures, that it would get anyone fired! But yes, it would be for the right ship!

And actually, the last image, as seen from Hansteen is so true too!

One of the things we tried making sure stayed historically correct this summer, was the Captain's interaction with the crew. Back 150 years ago, the Captain never spoke with the crew about feelings and about being comrades.... the Captain was a dictator and the sole ruler!

Remembering the departure: "Don't let go the spring line before I say so..." (silent 3 seconds).... "let go the spring line!". LOL

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today's additions: Landscapes

IMG_1328 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1329 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

IMG_1330 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

This artist is truly brilliant in his way of capturing the soul and essence of the Norwegian coast, as well as the ships.

Comment

Now.... this is the last picture for this thread. Again we see some travellers on a old generation ship. This is a very nice detail in the history of hurtigruten and i hope you enjoyed the artwork of Dagfinn Bakke.
                Maybe his descendants will publish a book with all these drawings. Would be a nice article in the souvenir shops of the ships.

IMG_1331 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

• nari
                  nari commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am seriously hanging out to see his paintings on display in a Svolvaer museum this time!!!

I agree, it would be a great idea to collect all wonderful those images he did in a book.

Both great as a gift to anyone with an interest in Hurtigruten, and to others like myself.

Comment

Working...
                X