No announcement yet.

::: Roald Amundsen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By a strange coincidence, I arrived just in time for this spectacle - that you may have already seen before in a better way by another photographer/drone/company:

2019_07_15 MAVIC2PRO-Roald Amundsen maiden call-DJI_0010 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_07_15 MAVIC2PRO-Roald Amundsen maiden call-DJI_0013 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_07_15 MAVIC2PRO-Roald Amundsen maiden call-DJI_0019 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_07_15 MAVIC2PRO-Roald Amundsen maiden call-DJI_0027 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Tommi
      Tommi commented
      Editing a comment
      Still, some great pictures.
      Nerdy detail, the window washer is moving along on RA...

These were some amazing pictures taken from your drone.
    Getting these three ships in a picture is just amazing.

The good old traditional ship Lofoten from 1964 with its fine lines,
    Trollfjord with modern lines from 2002 and last ship Roald Amundsen 2019 with a new touch that I have to get used to.

A lovely collection of ships in Trondheim.
    Well done photo work with regular camera and drone.
    Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I was actually arriving at the port on the exact time Trollfjord as she departed, by a coincidence. Had I been a few minutes later, I wouldn't have time to do all my pre-flight procedures and checks.

I was really pleased to catch this glimpse, but I regret not filming it as well. I got a few seconds of film though.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

When I posted (#46) my huge thanks and appreciation to DS Lyngen in Tromsø, ombugge in Ålesund, and Sterkoder in Kristiansund, I hadn't dared to even mention that other city along the coast in case our captain wasn't able to make it in his (to me anyway!) confusing current mix of holiday weeks, work weeks, work days in holiday weeks, and other variations...

...but he did make it!
        So more love and thanks and appreciation goes out from me to you, pakarang.

It's great to have all these contributions together in one place, one thread. I also love that extra dimension of having got to know the contributors as friends over the years, and their individuality and personal outlook on things is naturally reflected in what each posts.

I had at one point hoped to get across to Norway this summer myself, most likely to Trondheim with other events happening there too, but wasn't able to make it. Now this gives me an extra pleasure in these images, because I am thinking into them how I might have spent that cold damp day, and what viewpoints I might have chosen, scurrying around on foot. I think I might have managed your first location, pakarang, and I would for sure have tried to get Roald Amundsen and the island of Munkholmen in one shot from somewhere or other!

A 'nearly pakarang view' can sometimes - and definitely in # 47/2 - be the more perfect composition, and I am also rather fond of the next image, #47/3, with its foreground context.

Finally, the images I could never do myself, however much I might get my seagull wings into a flap!
        What an amazing and appropriate group of ships together.
        I've come to realise that drone images reflect a creative person's style and purpose just as much as still images, so the work of others is never a substitute to seeing yours. Your way of capturing the world never really lets me down, but you would have done so, pakarang, if you had kept these drone shots 'for your eyes only'.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          When I posted (#46) my huge thanks and appreciation to DS Lyngen in Tromsø, ombugge in Ålesund, and Sterkoder in Kristiansund, I hadn't dared to even mention that other city along the coast in case our captain wasn't able to make it in his (to me anyway!) confusing current mix of holiday weeks, work weeks, work days in holiday weeks, and other variations...

...but he did make it!
          So more love and thanks and appreciation goes out from me to you, pakarang.

It's great to have all these contributions together in one place, one thread. I also love that extra dimension of having got to know the contributors as friends over the years, and their individuality and personal outlook on things is naturally reflected in what each posts.

I had at one point hoped to get across to Norway this summer myself, most likely to Trondheim with other events happening there too, but wasn't able to make it. Now this gives me an extra pleasure in these images, because I am thinking into them how I might have spent that cold damp day, and what viewpoints I might have chosen, scurrying around on foot. I think I might have managed your first location, pakarang, and I would for sure have tried to get Roald Amundsen and the island of Munkholmen in one shot from somewhere or other!

A 'nearly pakarang view' can sometimes - and definitely in # 47/2 - be the more perfect composition, and I am also rather fond of the next image, #47/3, with its foreground context.

Finally, the images I could never do myself, however much I might get my seagull wings into a flap!
          What an amazing and appropriate group of ships together.
          I've come to realise that drone images reflect a creative person's style and purpose just as much as still images, so the work of others is never a substitute to seeing yours. Your way of capturing the world never really lets me down, but you would have done so, pakarang, if you had kept these drone shots 'for your eyes only'.
          Thank you so very much Lady C.

Comment

Working...
          X