X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Don't know if it goes for everyone in here, but some of us are very familiar with the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp. and their projects of filming the trainride Bergensbanen minute by minute (over 7 hours) and sending it on the national tv channel NRK1.
    Latest was the filming of Flåmsbanen.

Now, the NRK director of programs, Mr. Møklebust in NRK Hordaland want to film Hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes minute by minute, a program that will air for 5 ½ days. The plans have come a great way into the project, so it is only a matter of time before the filming starts.
    (Wonder who will sit down and watch tv for 5 ½ days?)

Another project of NRK and Mr. Møklebust is to film a flight. Their wish is to film a Widerøe flight between northern Norway and southern Norway.
    Well..., one can only hope

LINK (to NRKs "wet dream" ) :
    http://www.nrk.no/kultur_og_underholdning/1.7277211

• wherrygirl
    replied
    That was great. Yet it was nothing more than walking along the shore with a camera, sometimes looking across the water to where the ship was anchored waiting for my (!) return, sometimes just looking across the water, other times investigating something at my feet that looked interesting. The first one after I started looking in was a boulder with what looked like fossils imbedded in it.
    By the way - any geologists here amongst you? If so, what is the main type of dark greyish rock that made up the shingle at my feet? At times it looked very much like some kind of shale in its thin layering, but I very much doubt if it was that. At one point there was also an expanse of very light buff-coloured rock forming a sort of low bank which stood out against the dark mountain in the background. It also was layered, and very thinly.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Yves and Svein.

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    The woman at the science station was a marine biologist, running a lab (not alone of course) testing water quality and contamination of the ocean and fjord.
    It's an ongoing and continuous surveillance around Svalbard, because there is a particularly sensitive environment.

The dogs: They and the people around them live there. It's their home. The dogs are of course most active during the winter, as they are used in dog sleigh activity.
    Nothing more difficult than that ;-)

Except for the interviews, old stuff from the broadcasting archives, there is nothing more to do than to just watch the fantastic scenes, listen to whatever music there is and enjoy the voyage.
    The interviews and other Norwegian talk is just garnish ;-)

• Clipper
    replied
    I have watched a couple of times. First time, there was some kind of science station run by a woman, but I didn't understand what she did exactly. Second time, there was a set of large, open-air dog kennels run by another woman. It wasn't clear whether the dogs had been rescued or were working dogs. My ability to understand spoken Norwegian is virtually nil.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Runs in a small window on my office monitor. The day is much more relaxed than usual. And just enlarge it from time to time does not make me miss anything in business...

• ombugge
    replied
    Have been watching for a few hours all the way from Singapore.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    When you watch, it is the same day and hour in the program, only it was recorded 177 days ago ;-)

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    I had the same question at the begining,Ivy. ft you see "DIREKTE" on the right side of the sreen, it's OK.

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, the best way to make a good TV. And I like to be tuned to it, even though I can't speak Norwegian. Cameramen and journalists are top.

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe, maybe. Anyway, I've just finished my lunch. It's time for a little nap!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I could watch that polar bear for hours.
    This is no stress tv, the heart rate goes down, it's really an escape from the every day life.
    And the music.... NRK give us music, much Norwegian music, which even I haven't heard before. Great!
    NRK is financed via license fees from each citizen in Norway, so this is a channel not dependent on commercial advert and programs being broken up to give way for advertising.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, but think of all the adventurous trips it is missing, Yves.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Mark, Got it! But I'm not sure about the day. Do you just calculate it from the time elapse strip at the bottom? Will work on that this afternoon.
    The bear has woken up, had a good stretch but is having another snooze - I know the feeling!

• yvneac
    replied
    Dag 3. 10h-12h. The polar bear is snoozing! What a life!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X