• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Even Cecilia in Scotland, Lady C, got her "air-time":

.. together with the crew of a Tide ferry:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Is there any cruise ships in Geiranger fjord today? marinetraffic.com seems to be offline at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Claes Lislerud View Post
        Is there any cruise ships in Geiranger fjord today? marinetraffic.com seems to be offline at this moment.
        No idea, really, but there has got to be some... most days around this time there would be a whole bunch of them.

I hope we get to see Crystal Serenity which is also somewhere along the coast now.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Listed in Geiranger today, the day before the day () , is "Princess Danae" and "Aurora".
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you, Sterkoder.

Comment

Nordnorge and Princess Danae :

Nordnorge, Princess Danae and Aurora :

Nordnorge from behind :

Princess Danae, Nordnorge and Aurora :

Comment

Seagull wrote:
                I absolutely don't know how I am going to be able to get anything done or get any sleep these next days!
                Seagull,
                You are not supposed neither to sleep nor to do anything these next days...?? (Except watching TV).
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---
                IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Many of you probably already know this, but if you go to http://nrk.no/hurtigruten/ you can just click on any point on the red dotted line on the map, and watch the video again. I just saw video from Torvik and Ålesund that I missed this morning

Comment

I just heard on the news that more than 1,3 million viewers tuned in to see the first bit yesterday, plus more than 250'000 viewings on the online-stream...
                    Olympus user
                    E-M1, E-M5
                    w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                    MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                    MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                    MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                    MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                    MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      Some favorite shots..... I love the bow cam!!
                      I was wondering how long it would take our Captain to comment on what must be the ultimate in extreme-pakarang-views!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                      Seagull, You are not supposed neither to sleep nor to do anything these next days...?? (Except watching TV).
                      A very good point Sigve! But unfortunately there are annoyingly inconvenient timed commitments that have to be done over the weekend …otherwise I’m sure I’d have actually made it to Norway right now!
                      Even Cecilia in Scotland, Lady C, got her "air-time"....
                      …but look, pakarang captured a compensatory treat for me!

.... it does feel like I'm on a cruise with Hurtigruten, standing by the railing taking pictures....
                      It certainly does, especially as at this morning's location I got to watch on a nice big 40-inch TV Screen.

In fact it felt so realistic that I thought I’d pop down to deck 4 for buffet lunch….only to get a reality check when I found only a near-empty fridge...no herring, no salmon, not even any SHRIMPS...!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't want to steal this thread and use it for anything else, but after watching the worlds longest continuing tv-broadcast of one specific programme, and this is about a long sea voyage....., if you want a little break or save it for later:

Here's a video of 23 min. 29 sec. as we follow "Sundbåten - second by second"

Link: http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article5642969.ece

A stunt by the Sundbåten company, local tv and newspaper, and I guess the tourist office in conjunction to the ongoing project on NRK2.

From the main dock at the Pier in the city senter, the sundbåten sail to Innlandet, or Tahiti, as we call the island.
                        On the pontoon you can see some palms, as we close in on the Tahiti Festival next week.

(Feel free to move this to the Kristiansund thread if you want to, Jan-Olav)
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I will encourage everybody to watch the show when she's heading for Raftsundet, Trollfjorden and Stokmarknes. ( Hurtigrutens birthplace )

In Stokmarknes there will be a "midnightsun consert" from 24:00 to 1:15, and NRK has previously been in Stokmarknes and filmed some shots from M/S Gamle Finnmarken and they have got some archive pictures from when the section from D/S Finnmarken was delivered.
                          Sten Magne Engen, Hurtigrute captain and one of the leaders in Hurtigrutemuseet, will be on board the ship from Svolvær to Stokmarknes.
                          I think it would we worth watching, even though the whole consert will not be filmed
                          I'm also guessing there will be plenty of small boats coming to meet the ship on her way.

In the local web paper, Kari Ann Olsen says there will be done some "stunts", to show how much we appreciate Hurtigruten
                          Here is a link, as always from www.vol.no, it is in Norwegian.
                          http://www.vol.no/nyheter/article462690.ece

Comment

We've been watching all day here in the UK on the web.
                            Absolutely superb pictures and it brings back so many memories of our voyage 26 years ago.
                            Great technical achievement appreciated by some-one who worked in BBC TV for 30 years!

Comment

We must not also forget that when the ship arrives at Rørvik on Saturday night, they will have the ANNUAL HURTIGRUTEN DAY there.

And, I've heard rumors that the other ship in Rørvik on Saturday night (tomorrow evening) is no other than the star herself: The Northern Star: Nordstjernen!

Tomorrow morning, they will be in Trondheim.

Comment

....Tomorrow morning, they will be in Trondheim.
                                Ummm Trondheim …I wonder if Nichu and that guy Pakarang will be out and about with their cameras??????????

Comment

Working...
                                X