No announcement yet.

Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The United States wants to copy the phenomenon "slow-TV" from Norwegian Broadcasting, according to this article in Norwegian media:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/12/04/k...a/tv/30655495/

http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/12/04/k...a/tv/30655495/
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The national broadcasting company in Norway, NRK, will do it again!

Not as long and not covering the ordinary hurtigruten coastal route, but they will send a program called SVALBARD - MINUTE BY MINUTE, starting Friday 31. January at local Norwegian time 18:00 (6 PM), where we will board MS Spitsbergen for a 9 days (13.320 minutes) uninterrupted experience of nature on and around Svalbard via tv.

Not sure if you can watch NRK abroad, but anyway, here's the link (open 31. January at 6 PM): https://tv.nrk.no/serie/svalbard-minutt-for-minutt
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing works yet, not for us here in Norway either. It'll all start Friday at 6:00 PM :-)

• Ralf__
        Ralf__ commented
        Editing a comment
        Even, if not, i guess they will have it on youtube later. As they did with the trip in 2011. You will have the opportunity to see it. Sooner or later.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/hurtigruten-...1/DVFJ67001011

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh thanks, Svein and Ralf.

So, good people, NRK2 has been broadcasting since 6 PM yesterday, do you see anything on your screens?
      (They are at day 2 in Ny-Ålesund. The time of day is exactly like we have today, just that the trip was recorded 177 days ago).

Comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I am watching it, here in Normandy. Two hours ago, we crossed Nordsjernen. Great.

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Apart from a narrow vertical strip in the middle, the lower half of the film is covered by stills of other videos. But the top half of the film is fine!
        I'll try again tomorrow.

• Tommi
        Tommi commented
        Editing a comment
        Works fine here.

What seems most reliable for us here is the simpler link: www.nrk.no/svalbard.

It's certainly slow telly, but fun.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same question at the begining,Ivy. ft you see "DIREKTE" on the right side of the sreen, it's OK.

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        When you watch, it is the same day and hour in the program, only it was recorded 177 days ago ;-)

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Yves and Svein.

Dag 3. 10h-12h. The polar bear is snoozing! What a life!!!

Comment

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, but think of all the adventurous trips it is missing, Yves.

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe, maybe. Anyway, I've just finished my lunch. It's time for a little nap!

I could watch that polar bear for hours.
      This is no stress tv, the heart rate goes down, it's really an escape from the every day life.
      And the music.... NRK give us music, much Norwegian music, which even I haven't heard before. Great!
      NRK is financed via license fees from each citizen in Norway, so this is a channel not dependent on commercial advert and programs being broken up to give way for advertising.

Comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the best way to make a good TV. And I like to be tuned to it, even though I can't speak Norwegian. Cameramen and journalists are top.

Have been watching for a few hours all the way from Singapore.

Comment

• Ralf__
        Ralf__ commented
        Editing a comment
        Runs in a small window on my office monitor. The day is much more relaxed than usual. And just enlarge it from time to time does not make me miss anything in business...

I have watched a couple of times. First time, there was some kind of science station run by a woman, but I didn't understand what she did exactly. Second time, there was a set of large, open-air dog kennels run by another woman. It wasn't clear whether the dogs had been rescued or were working dogs. My ability to understand spoken Norwegian is virtually nil.
      ---------------------------
      Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
      Deck plan geek.
      The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        The woman at the science station was a marine biologist, running a lab (not alone of course) testing water quality and contamination of the ocean and fjord.
        It's an ongoing and continuous surveillance around Svalbard, because there is a particularly sensitive environment.

The dogs: They and the people around them live there. It's their home. The dogs are of course most active during the winter, as they are used in dog sleigh activity.
        Nothing more difficult than that ;-)

Except for the interviews, old stuff from the broadcasting archives, there is nothing more to do than to just watch the fantastic scenes, listen to whatever music there is and enjoy the voyage.
        The interviews and other Norwegian talk is just garnish ;-)

That was great. Yet it was nothing more than walking along the shore with a camera, sometimes looking across the water to where the ship was anchored waiting for my (!) return, sometimes just looking across the water, other times investigating something at my feet that looked interesting. The first one after I started looking in was a boulder with what looked like fossils imbedded in it.
      By the way - any geologists here amongst you? If so, what is the main type of dark greyish rock that made up the shingle at my feet? At times it looked very much like some kind of shale in its thin layering, but I very much doubt if it was that. At one point there was also an expanse of very light buff-coloured rock forming a sort of low bank which stood out against the dark mountain in the background. It also was layered, and very thinly.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
      X