Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is in the shop onboard Nordnorge!!
    Saw it first in the display cabinet along the arcade...what a moment!
    I'm just now going to buy one! (insert SO PROUD smiley here!!)

Comment

Forgot to tell you that it is Captain Geir Johannessen of "minute by minute" fame who is on duty on our trip. Ummmmm...just wondering if I dare be REALLY embarrassing and have him pose with Sea-Troll for a photo....

Comment

Re: Hurtigruten - minute by minute

And the best thing, for you girls anyway, is that he's single..., or at least he was when the tv-marathon went on

To be serious for a minute:
        Is the NN shop open during the time she's moored...?
        (In that case I might not have to order the dvd from NRK)
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Is the NN shop open during the time she's moored...?
          (In that case I might not have to order the dvd from NRK)
          Won't be....but no problem whatsoever...when I saw your post I went right there and bought one for you.

Comment

DVDs from NordicDVD arrived in UK ok.

"The" picture not only a wrap-around on front & rear cover but also on each of the 4 dvds! :-) :-).

Only slight disappointment is the DVDs don't have any of the great music from the Live Broadcast.

Richard
            Fair Winds & Weather,

Richard

TF 09/05; TF BGO-KKN-TOS/KH TOS-BGO 05/06(hit seamen's strike ); TF Xmas/New Year 12/06; MS 05/08; Lofoten 03/10; MS 03/11 TRD-KKN-BGO(broke ship ); MS 01/12 (Astronomy Voyage), LO 03/13 - changed to MS (Astronomy Voyage again!) as LO delayed after maintenance; LO 03/14 BGO-KKN-TRD

Forthcoming: Lofoten 31/10/15 BGO-KKN-BGO

Comment

I just bought my DVD aboard Nordnorge! (and one for Sterkoder which I forgot to give him at a very brief meet-up in Kristiansund...awaiting postal address to send it to Svein!)

Comment

Did you all pre-order and buy the DVD?

NRK sent me the first batch of DVD's as a thank you for letting them use my image as the cover. A really proud moment for me.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

PS: The book is also now in sale in bookstores across the country.

A bookstore in Trondheim sold 250 copies of the book in just one day!

This book is a present for my father today, as it is "father's day" here in Norway today:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Pakarang, now they should be using these photos of the book and DVD to use as marketing material for them!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my DVD aboard Nordnorge (and one for Sterkoder...now in the post as I totally forgot to give it to him in Kristiansund in all the excitement!! )

The book had then not made it on board, having only just been launched. Isn't it funny how we say "released" for a DVD and "launched" for a book...I have no idea how you folk ever manage to learn English!!!

Comment

The Swedes also falls in love with this series now:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/01/02/n...uten/19634412/

Comment

Horses dont like high cliffs, as you can see -->

Luckily this person was not injured..

Comment

Yes, it was most thrilling and almost hurtful to watch....., as I thought both the horse and its rider really was going to fall all the way when I first saw it.

Anyway, I see it's your very first post in here, so a really warm welcome to you, 'jannyman'. Hope you'll find it interesting to visit CVF and all its threads. Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome jannyman!
                            That was very dramatic in the live broadcast indeed. I recall reading that the horses got stressed by fireworks someone nearby was sending up to celebrate NN.

Talking about horses in MfM, somewhere there's a scene with some ponnies riding on a sand beach, very idyllic but I cannot find it again. Someone who recognize that part?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                              Talking about horses in MfM, somewhere there's a scene with some ponnies riding on a sand beach, very idyllic but I cannot find it again. Someone who recognize that part?
                              Actually I do! Right after Ørnes, navigate to 62:25:20 http://nrk.no/hurtigruten/ The video slider is kinda difficult to adjust, but just zoom in on the map and click the dots.
                              Last edited by Polar; January 8th, 2012, 01:17.

Comment

A really proud moment for me.
                                I can imagine. As you might know, I also got a copy...., from the most kind common friend here at CVF. Only thing is, I got to search for time to watch it, even open it and start.
                                Oh, well..., got something to look forard to then.
                                Disappointed though that the music from the original tv-programme is not included.

Comment

Working...
                                X