Hurtigruten - minute by minute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurtigruten - minute by minute

By looking at the programme last night from Båtsfjord, you could think that a tv-camera has NEVER been there before....

A "knitted microphone" works like this:

The knitted part is just a cover put over the mic.
    When interviewing people in windy conditions, it would be impossible to hear nothing but the roar of the wind without the cover.
    With the cover, you would almost not hear the wind at all.

Works just like the big mic looking like a long haired dog/cat.
    That's just why they are long haired..., to reduce wind noice.

EDIT:
    Hmmmmm....., Royal Yacht "Norge" just lifted anchor at Grense Jakobselv east of Kirkenes at the Russian border, and "Nordnorge" is approaching Vadsø.
    Wonder if someone is planning for them to meet and greet...?
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 22nd, 2011, 07:01.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Hmmmmm....., Royal Yacht "Norge" just lifted anchor at Grense Jakobselv east of Kirkenes at the Russian border, and "Nordnorge" is approaching Vadsø.
      Wonder if someone is planning for them to meet and greet...?
      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well then it is over, 134 hrs. of direct transmission, which in advance had been given comments like; To watch paint dry etc.

Apparently it has been far from it, although I have only been able to watch a small fraction of it due to other pressing assignment.
        Maybe a little too much stunts and "Mamma I'm on TV" signs, but that must be expected when a show like this comes to town.

I pity the passengers that was trying to get some sleep during port calls at night, with the load music and songs just outside their cabins, but hopefully they enjoyed being part of this. They got the trip of a lifetime.

Is there any possibilities of looking back at specific ports of call anywhere on the web??

PS> Anybody on CVF suffering from withdrawal symptoms already???

Comment

Photos of the NRK coverage - camera shots I grabbed while watching on the big screen TV this morning...hurridly posting these before I have to go out...Wow what a journey this has been!

Queen Sonja was taking a photo of Nordnorge!

Comment

Arrival in Kirkenes

Thank you to Captain Johannessen….

… and to the wonderful folk at NRK who made this amazing experience possible.

Comment

This has truely been an amazing event and journey.

A TV-program almoust without any manuscript. It felt like it was the nature and our populatoins PASSION who produced this program, and broadcasted it by NRK.

The very calm and steady Captain Johannessen had an aura of trust aroud him. . And a "fanclub og the Captain"-site at facebook, escalated in a tremendous rate.

A lot of top-points are very well documented here. But to me the very climax came when "we" met "Kongeskipet Norge". And Queen Sonja was out on deck, winking and waving and even shot some pictures of the famous TV-ship Nordnorge.

Another great moment for me i will remember for a long long time, was when the assistant purser ANNA suddenly grab the microphone in Øksfjord, and indeed started to ROCK and sing...... In the middle of the night..

Amazing

Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; June 22nd, 2011, 12:14. Reason: Adding pics

Comment

Here is an interesting and useful poster, showing what time it is really midnightsun in different places in Northern Norway. (Norwegian time)

(Copied with kindly permission from Vebjørn Storeide)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; June 22nd, 2011, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  Is there any possibilities of looking back at specific ports of call anywhere on the web??
                  Easy, visit http://www.nrk.no/hurtigruten/ in the normal way - when the video stream is playing, mouseover it and adjust the timeline jockey to anywhere from 00:00:00 to 134:43:45 (then wait and pray that the internet is on your side today).

It's hard to hit any particular port exactly because (a) we don't have a port/time translation table (though
                  I'm sure it's on the web somewhere), and (b) the control is very sensitive. (It's easier in full screen mode).

Clipper

EDIT: And I just learned from Polar's post 6 days ago that :

Originally posted by Polar View Post
                  Many of you probably already know this, but if you go to http://nrk.no/hurtigruten/ you can just click on any point on the red dotted line on the map, and watch the video again.
                  C
                  Last edited by Clipper; June 24th, 2011, 01:31.
                  ---------------------------
                  Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                  Deck plan geek.
                  The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Another thing. Viewing in Opera, when I close my www.nrk.no/hurtigruten tab, the browser doesn't break the stream. My modem lights continue to flash like crazy, even though the video is no longer in an active tab.

I have to close Opera completely to stop the stream.

Hopefully, other browsers are better behaved.

Clipper
                    ---------------------------
                    Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                    Deck plan geek.
                    The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

This was such a clever idea of Hurtigruten. More than one blog that I read daily has picked up the trip...and NO, they aren't all Norwegian blogs!

I wonder what the cost-advertising??- was to the company, if any.

I have loved popping in, listening to the music, seeing the people, etc. I have to admit I wasn't paying too much attention at first, and now I wish I had.....

Comment

I wonder what the cost-advertising??- was to the company, if any.
                        The company (I take it you mean Hurtigruten ASA) don't have to pay anything, of course.
                        But PR-consultans have estimated the advertising value to be over NOK 800 millions ( US$ 137,5 millions)

Comment

E!…I thought of YOU every time I saw that KNITTED microphone cover…but Clipper beat you to mentioning it!!!! – much more appropriate for Norway than these ones don’t you think?…although on second thoughts they could pass as trolls’ tails with a stretch of the imagination!!!!!

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched pakarang’s video of Rørvik’s Hurtigrutens Dag, and in my last hurried post, I missed out mentioning someone else who has made the week memorable…our very own CV reporter, HurtigruteMartin.

Withdrawal symptoms?…Yes, definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by nrkmokle View Post
                            Hi folks,
                            I am one of the people behind this project at NRK. We do have the sense to shoot in HD. But since we probably are going to broadcast live from the ship, there are limitations on the satelite bandwith that forces us to transmit in SD. NRK2 will be available in HD from February this year, which means the SD signal will be far better than the present one.

And if you have enough terrabyte, you can download the whole thing afterwards, in full HD, via bittorrent. It should count about 4,5 TB.

Regarding which ship; it depends on departure date (and the tv schedule) and technical infrastructure. We haven't finally decided yet. But we don't think it's all that important, the main view is the sea and landscape - although we will shoot indoors as well.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Rune Møklebust
                            Head of programme
                            NRK Hordaland
                            I would like to thank all the people at NRK and Hurtigruten for a marvelous project. It's been a great pleasure to watch your production. We are so glad that so many of those crazy ideas were realized in the live broadcast.
                            A special thank you for keeping the webcast available after the end of the journey.
                            Best regards
                            Tommi

Comment

I feel the need to express myself in the words of 'Tommi'. They are so right.
                              Thank you very much to the team behind!!!

We can't and shall not close our eyes for things happening in the world, but this has been the most "feel-good" five days for me in a long, long time...., totally free of war, hunger, Libya conflict, trouble in the Middle-East, economic crises and what not....

Fantastic project this one!

Comment

I indeed put my signature under THAT, Tommi.

Hope that Mr Møklebust and the rest of the NRK-team will have time and oportunity to rest, and enjoy their southbound Voyage back to Berge.

And I pray that our dream of a broadcasted voyage on southbound in wintertime, will come true......

Comment

Working...
                                X