No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that blocky rock wall now on the edge and the lighthouse central in the picture, the profile of the island begins to take on a more familiar aspect. The helicopter pad that we saw earlier is on the far right. The South Steps route to the monastery from the road leads up to the saddle, where it is visible on this photo.

And so we've come full circle - though I've chosen this photo from earlier when the sun briefly illuminated the South Peak.

And now we have a view of the monastery itself, the enclosing walls and beehive-shaped monks cells.

Comment

Before we leave the islands, the captain is going to go past Little Skellig for a closer view, and the bird enthusiasts are estatic! - it has many seabirds but is particularly notable as being one of the largest colonies of the northern gannet.

Comment

I love this view with Skellig Michael in the distance.

This is an opportunity for close up views of the geology too.

And so my dreams of seeing the Skellig Islands came true - and it was our dear Harald Jarl - Serenissima - that took me there.

Comment

WOW. What a thrill, Cecilia. Love your photos from these "secret" Irish islands. A special feeling for the gannets, maybe the more impressive birds when they swoop down.

Comment

Well, what can I say?
            Close to nothing..., as I'm lost for words...
            Of course I enjoy watching the drone pictures from Trondheim, but looking at the Earths own artwork in those islands..., WOW!
            As I use to say to both J-O and C; I don't comment too much, but rest assured, I'm here watching..., sometimes with my mouth wide open
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Impressive photos Cecilie
              You are really good at conveying pictures from your trip to Skellig Islands
              All the information about the places you visit is a great bonus for us who have the pleasure of following you on your trips
              Thank you
              Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Skjellig islands seems to be a cool and unique place. Thank you for showing us these pictures!

Comment

Working...
                X