No announcement yet.

ex HARALD JARL ::: ex ANDREA ::: SERENISSIMA :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have photos in the "Postcards" thread at some point, but you get a preview of Bantry House gardens as they afforded lovely views of Serenissima at anchor.

View looking over the East Stables.

The north terrace

My favourite photo. No need to take a selfie when this elegant lady and the ship can be pictured together!

Comment

• nari
      nari commented
      Editing a comment
      The old Harald Jahl design is still evident but she does look lovely and elegant.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Could help but notice the shy seagull hiding just behind the pier, away from Serenissima's reach.

The ship looks so great from any angle she is seen, and so perfectly suited to her way of cruising where no mega-liners can go, with guests that have a genuine interest in the true feeling and history of a port or destination.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The ship looks so great from any angle she is seen, and so perfectly suited to her way of cruising where no mega-liners can go, with guests that have a genuine interest in the true feeling and history of a port or destination.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today, a 59 year old girl came back to her birth-town, Trondheim, Norway: 60 years ago, construction started on this beautiful vessel at Trondheim, and next year, it'll be 60 years since she started her career.

I hope she will be in Trondheim on that very special day, in June 2020, on her 60th birthday, and that the city has some decency to show some respect for this ship on the day.

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0266 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          That's magnificent, pakarang, a completely different view of her and the city that you've been able to capture in glorious weather.
          She will call back in Trondheim next Saturday, but she won't be along the coast at all next year, as she is spending more time in the Faroes and Iceland.

Thank you for the tips on this coming Saturday - I had missed that in the port cruise schedule. I'm not sure I will have time to go see her then, but these images will be a great memory for me already.

I had no idea she would not be back for her 60th year anniversary - that's pity for Trondheim.

I notice in these image, that there are two blocked off windows aft on the cafeteria deck.... do you, Lady C, have any idea why that is so?

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0259 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0263 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0269 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0271 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0274 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0278 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_08_18 MAVIC2PRO-Serenissima-DJI_0279 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          ....I notice in these image, that there are two blocked off windows aft on the cafeteria deck.... do you, Lady C, have any idea why that is so?
          Yes I know about that ...it was the result of a docking incident in Stornoway on the trip I was on.The pier there seemed to me to be more appropriate for the large CalMac ferries or bigger flat-sided cruise ships than our little curvy Lady! We'd been tendering by zodiacs everywhere else, so I was watching activity on the foredeck and the guys ashore seemed slow with the lines. Then a commotion aft (which I couldn't see) when the pier structure hit those two windows. The glass was shattered i.e. crazed, but remaining in place as it's supposed to. I don't know whether the blocking off of the exterior of those windows as seen in your photos is a permanent or temporary arrangement.

View towards the foredeck, to show you what the pier is like.

View taken later after breakfast from the corner of the aft deck.

Only able to get this view between two skips after I'd disembarked.

One of the windows in the lounge.

Comment

Working...
          X