Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions? What would the next HRG ship be called?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Suggestions? What would the next HRG ship be called?

Just thought we could have some fun by thinking ahead: if Hurtigruten ever came to the decision to build a new ship for the coastal fleet, what do you think the new ship would be named?

Any good suggestions?

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    My tongue is as foreign as anyone's but GJOA (can't put the slash in the 'O') sounds like Gyera.....not very romantic?

I favour MAGAROYA - it is rather a significant peninsula what with Nordkapp and the start of my favourite fjord - Porsanger.....

• pakarang
    replied
    Agree very much with Sterkoder - keep on using those pens! That is actually cool the way it came out.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Hey..., not bad at all! Actually very good and a candidate to be framed for a special place on the wall :-) You should do more Tommi...., and I'm so glad I could inspire you. Happy drawing!!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

This evening I did get some inspiration reading Sterkoders Art thread and rediscovered my aquarel pens from elementary school.
    Not too bad for a 5 minute sketch.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Don't know if there will be a new boat but in the list of Hurtigruten ships you cannot find one with a name of a woman.Are they misogynous,the big chiefs?

Leave a comment:

• Gestumblindi
    replied
    No idea, but... I suppose that in a few years, if they don't want to reduce service or do something radically different, they will first think of replacing Lofoten and Vesterålen. Maybe even Vesterålen first, as there is, I think, a substantial amount of tourists with a special fondness for the old generation (me included ), and HRG may wish to cater for this demand as long as it's economically feasible with their last ship of this generation. I think few would have assumed some years ago that Narvik and Midnatsol II/Lyngen would leave the fleet before Nordstjernen, but now I think it could look similar for Lofoten and Vesterålen. But as I wrote, I have no real idea, as I'm just an interested tourist and Hurtigruten enthusiast The question is interesting, in any case. I still think of Kong Harald and Richard With as new ships, but these two are 20 years old by now... probably there are already cruise passengers calling them "old"...

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    replied
    Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    What would the next HRG ship be called?
    Will there be a next HRG ship? Let's hope so. But when? What plans do exist? Are there drawings to be seen? What is the HRG politics for new ship/ships?

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Re: Suggestions? What would the next HRG ship be called?

Well, Øistein, if he was made a saint that's even better.

Leave a comment:

• Oistein
    replied

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    No, no, shipmates, it must be Kong Olav II.
    The name "Kong Olav II" can lead to misunderstandings
    Olav II Haraldsson (995 – 1030), later known as St. Olav, was King of Norway from 1015 to 1028.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

No, no, shipmates, it must be Kong Olav II.

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    replied

Originally posted by Keelson View Post
    Maybe AUGUST K. GRAN or AUGUST GRAN will be long enough
    I would rather go for Oluf Jarl.

Leave a comment:

• Keelson
    replied

Maybe AUGUST K. GRAN or AUGUST GRAN will be long enough

Leave a comment:

• Gestumblindi
    replied

Originally posted by Keelson View Post
    In the past we had several ships named RICHARD WITH, why don't have one called AUGUST KRIEGSMANN GRAN?
    Well... Hurtigruten has a lot of German tourists, and will not "Kriegsmann" sound strange to them? - meaning "man of war" in German... and of course it's just a long name. "I travelled aboard the Lofoten" or "aboard the Nordlys" sounds somewhat better than "aboard the August Kriegsmann Gran" - what? what ship did you travel on? How was that name again? - Although it seems it would be a historically fitting name.

Leave a comment:

• Keelson
    replied

In the past we had several ships named RICHARD WITH, why don't have one called AUGUST KRIEGSMANN GRAN?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X