Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions? What would the next HRG ship be called?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, but... I suppose that in a few years, if they don't want to reduce service or do something radically different, they will first think of replacing Lofoten and Vesterålen. Maybe even Vesterålen first, as there is, I think, a substantial amount of tourists with a special fondness for the old generation (me included ), and HRG may wish to cater for this demand as long as it's economically feasible with their last ship of this generation. I think few would have assumed some years ago that Narvik and Midnatsol II/Lyngen would leave the fleet before Nordstjernen, but now I think it could look similar for Lofoten and Vesterålen. But as I wrote, I have no real idea, as I'm just an interested tourist and Hurtigruten enthusiast The question is interesting, in any case. I still think of Kong Harald and Richard With as new ships, but these two are 20 years old by now... probably there are already cruise passengers calling them "old"...

Comment

Don't know if there will be a new boat but in the list of Hurtigruten ships you cannot find one with a name of a woman.Are they misogynous,the big chiefs?

Comment

This evening I did get some inspiration reading Sterkoders Art thread and rediscovered my aquarel pens from elementary school.
        Not too bad for a 5 minute sketch.

Comment

Hey..., not bad at all! Actually very good and a candidate to be framed for a special place on the wall :-) You should do more Tommi...., and I'm so glad I could inspire you. Happy drawing!!
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Agree very much with Sterkoder - keep on using those pens! That is actually cool the way it came out.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
            X