This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Random maritime accidents.

Random maritime accidents.

Random maritime accidents.

Random images for maritime accidents and disasters can be gathered here. For more in depth studies and discussions of specific events, please feel free to create your own thread.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thinking about your switch Ralf,
    When the " Herald of free Enterprise" capcized because the bow doors were open.
    There was at the Dutch radio a man talking about it.
    It was weird that a vessel can sail away with the doors open,
    While he can't turn on his washing machine when the door issn't well closed.
    I always remember me that part of his colum

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Sometimes i wonder, why they don't have a kill switch...

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    in a newslettr was mentioned that she was sailing to her berth place.
    in that case she had a high speed when you see were she had to to.
    when i saw the video the first time i thought that she was a new vessel and that she was gooing for seatrials, but that there was a problem and the vessel couldend stop.

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! Milano Bridge had more speed than I expected to see.

• janihudi
    replied
    engine problem??

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    whoopsadaisy

ONE of the world’s biggest cruise liners crashed into the pier as it came in to dock this morning. The brand new MSC Grandiosa – which only set sail on its maiden voyage last month R…

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    on dec the 9th ,this happend in Antwerp.

the ''APL Mexico City broke lose of her mooring lines by the heavy winds

https://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl/h...twerpse-haven/

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Depends on what you call "cheap & dirty". Baltic is covered by restrictions on SOx and NOx emission so the cheapest HFO is out of bond, but they may use Low Sulphur bunker fuel while on the crossings. (??)

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    This morning on national radio, a representative for the Swedish maritime adminsitration said that the main reason for the black out was the clogging of the fuel filters to the auxialiry engines. The clogging should have been a result of changing bunker from one type another, which had caused some kind of chemical reaction in the fuel.
    I have a feeling that they are running on "clean" bunker when berthed in Stockholm, and "cheap & dirty" when out on the sea...

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    She is back at the wharf in Frihamen so no "big case": https://maritimebulletin.net/2019/11...off-stockholm/
    Apparent reason; Black out.
    Last edited by ombugge; November 7th, 2019, 11:30.

• Tommi
    replied
    SPL Princess Anastasia, ex. Olympia, seems to have had a blackout tonight and made a visit at the shore of island "Lidingö" in Stockholm.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Smit Salvage left Longyearbyen on sunday afternoon and headed south to Holland with the three salvage boats.

Then it looks like they have decided that the salvage operation of the trawler "Northguider" is postponed until next year?

The Norwegian tugboat "Bryteren" left Longyearbyen early saturday morning and is sailing south to Stavanger.

The English tug boat "Afon Las" sails south to Bergen.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for the update: the salvage doesn't seem as straight forward as we could hope for.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Appreciate the update, especially as there seems to be so much of maritime interest happening right now - just when I would not be able to keep up myself with everything that interests me!
Working...
X