• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a tug Ivy, suitable for anchorhandling,thats why her open aft deck

http://www.ostensjo.no/ostensjo/web.nsf/pages/AHT

http://www.ostensjo.no/ostensjo/web.nsf/pages/Thorax
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I first assumed that the anchor would be hauled on deck, but in that second URL the diagram top right seems to have an anchor shape suspended beneath. Is that why there is more or less a platform aft rather than an integral part of the tug? Or have I got it all wrong?! In the last of the photos they are hauling goodness-knows-what on board - something for the rig, presumably.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

you mean the 3 colored drawing of the tug?

in that case, that is her propeller (turnable,so the direction of of the propeller is also the direction of sailing

that is a big pad?? ombugge will surely know the englisch name.but it wil placed at quays or between ships ,so that they make no contact between vessels or vessel quay and get damaged
        best regards Thijs

Comment

the ''sd stingray'' keeps the ''osprey'' on her place,whilst she was anchored and moored at bouyes.

best regards Thijs

Comment

''smit cheetah'' ,how ugly a tug can be.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
              Is "Ena" a tugboat?

How nice she would look chugging down the canal fully restored.
              oops,forgot this question,just saw it again while i was figgering out how to embet photo into the story with the bleu words,sorry.
              lady C is a expert in that,must ask her.

it looks like a canal tug ,cant see if she have a boulder at her stern thanks to the dinghy,but she have the looks for it.
              you can thinkin the way of pulling brages to collect the carbage on the street from the time that trucks aint common for that.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                ''smit cheetah'' ,how ugly a tug can be.
                Ugly??? Maybe, but efficiency is the name of the game here.

Comment

she may be efficient,even the exhaust is built for efficiency,to get under the stern and bow,but she stays ugly.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

[QUOTE=janihudi;54104]oops,forgot this question,just saw it again while i was figgering out how to embet photo into the story with the bleu words,sorry.

it looks like a canal tug ,cant see if she have a boulder at her stern thanks to the dinghy,but she have the looks for it.
                    you can thinkin the way of pulling brages to collect the carbage on the street from the time that trucks aint common for that.[/QUOTE

To me it looks like a pusher, used to push ships without a motor and a picture to show a modern pusher.

Jack Mulder

Comment

I assume she is driven by remote control since there is nobody on the bridge.

Comment

Zeus 6605503 and Damen Casco 571651

Pictures © by Ruud Zegwaard

Jack Mulder

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                          oops,forgot this question,just saw it again while i was figgering out how to embet photo into the story with the bleu words,sorry.

you can thinkin the way of pulling brages to collect the carbage on the street from the time that trucks aint common for that.
                          This is the way they were used.

Jack

Comment

"Abramis" heading for Honningsvåg earlier this morning.

Comment

This thread is no doubt a tug-lovers heaven!

Thank you all for the superb images you have gathered so far!
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Youre welcome.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X