X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Welcome on board eric.yu.
    Nice to have another "Singaporean" here, and one involved in the Offshore industry some more.
    Hope you will be a regular contributor here on whatever thread that take your fancy, or maybe starting new once to suite your interests.
    We are lacking a thread called "This is China", maybe you could fill that gap?

I believe I have posted pictures of Britoil boats here at some time, but can't recall where and when.

The Britoil 80 is new to me, but I think she is one of the first to be designed in-house and built at the Britoil Yard in Batam?

Looks like a very compact vessel, with good equipment, long range and good sea keeping capabilities.
    wahoooo! "This is China" is really a big thread for me ! since China has so long history and so many things happened to her . i need time to collect stuff before i make this decition.

Britoil 80 is indeed the second series of AHT ship we design by ourseves and build in Batam . the third series of Britoil 120,which is more sophisticate-with DPS2, is nearly done.

the water spurted around wheelhouse and mast is to protect the vessel from fire burning

Comment

Lore berthed in Oostende (Belgium)

Build: 1978 Magero werft, Verft (Norway)
      Lxwxd: 18.50x5.80x2.20
      Engine: 2x 470 HP Volvo Penta
      Ex:
      1978 Lokraft owner Unknown
      1986 Rodny owner Unknown
      1987 Lore owner Depret NV, Zeebrugge (Belgium)

Jack Mulder

Comment

Carlo Magno 9341251

Built: 2006 Rosetti Marino SpA Shipyard, Ravenna (Italy)
        Lxwxd: 55.40x15.50x7.00 1658 GRT
        Engine:

Jack Mulder

Comment

Diheciocho 9384382 at work in Santander (Spain)

Built: 2006 Astilleros Armon de Navia (Yn 637), Asturias (Spain)
          Lxwxd: 31.50x11.20x5.40
          Engine: 2x2700 HP Caterpillar

Jack Mulder

Comment

When you look at the starboard funnel of the tug "Diheciocho"....., and compare the first picture to the last...., is that an optical illution of some sort, or what....?

Anyway, Kristiansund got a brand new tug yesterday evening when "Waterchief" arrived from a tour from the turkish shipyard.

I was on a party last night celebrating a collegues birthday, and therefore I haven't been outside my house yet today to take my own pictures.

If you want to take a look, I'll post the link to that norwegian forum:

http://www.skipsfarts-forum.net/read...ID=8990&page=2
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Stadt Valiant in Ålesund. 28 July 2010.

Comment

"neftegaz-66"

best regards Thijs

Comment

Eide Master 8714267 entering Den Helder.

Built: 1988
                  Ex:
                  1989 Vivax
                  2007 Eide Master

Jack Mulder

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    So, when you build a nice new tug and need fenders for the side do you use old, used tires or does the new ship come with new tires?

Comment

Here is one of the Mersey Tugs Smit Donau

And a couple of Smit Sandon

And a couple of Smit Collingwood

Comment

Interesting pics Bill

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                          So, when you build a nice new tug and need fenders for the side do you use old, used tires or does the new ship come with new tires?
                          first of all.i don´t like the looks of that tug ,just a STUPID and ugly tug.

i don´t think that they place new tyres on the side, i also think that se wil get any troubble with aquaplanning eather.
                          they place old tyres as a sheep replacement for the cussins on the side
                          (i think) old tyres special from industrial vehicle are firm and thick,so they can have a hard kiss from another vessel without damage
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

A quick one of Oakgarth

Comment

The new tug in Kristiansund Taubåtservice ASs fleet, "Waterchief".
                              This vessel sailed from the yard in Turkey and arrived in Kristiansund around a week ago.

The companys old and smaller "Waterchief" capsized and sank rapidly when handling a huge vessel in Sunndalsøra in 1999. Crew survived, luckily...
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Fairplay 28 9395513

Built: 2006 Astilleros Armon Navia.
                                Lxwxd: 34.50x11.60x6.10
                                Engine: 7181 HP
                                Ex:
                                2006 Zeus owner Adria Tow, Slovenia
                                2007 Fairplay 28 owner Fairplay Towage BV, Rotterdam
                                2008 Zeus owner Adria Tow, Slovenia

Jack Mulder

Comment

Working...
                                X