Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the tug photos. You must have gotten into Rotterdam harbor again.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
      Thank you for the tug photos. You must have gotten into Rotterdam harbor again.
      every day,almost every day you can find me there,i´ts the place to drop of and pick up the containers.

but the next 10 days i have a short holyday,so no port images.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Tug London in drydock

Here is a tug that has featured before in this thread, the London.
        She is presently in drydock at ST Marine in Singapore. I think she is getting the same upgrade as her sister ship the Rotterdam.

Here she is just barely on the blocks:

And dry:

The Pakarang view, or as close to it as I could get:

This is a bit confusing view, shot along one side from down in the dock:

And a side view. Even the innards of the funnel can be seen:

Comment

what i have heared (or was it in my dreams)
          that she get the yellow/bleu band back on het bow,the addet smit before londen,painting her funnels bleu and removed that awefull name of her hull.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

The "London" looks massive in dry dock... thank you for sharing those images, they are very interesting images.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing those tug-pictures wesley...

The URSUS looks like a very wide tug... do you happen to know if this is a conventional propeller or VS-driven tug?

I would also like to ask if anyone knows if there are many VS-driven tugs still being built?

(VS referring to Voit Schneider propulsion system).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  Thank you so much for sharing those tug-pictures wesley...

The URSUS looks like a very wide tug... do you happen to know if this is a conventional propeller or VS-driven tug?

I would also like to ask if anyone knows if there are many VS-driven tugs still being built?

(VS referring to Voit Schneider propulsion system).
                  The URSUS is an Offshore Anchor Handling/Ocean Towage Tug, not a Harbour Tug.
                  She is only 65 m. LOA, but has 19,000 Bhp/218 m.t. Bollard Pull. She need to be wide. (Beam 18.50 m.)
                  Here is specs for those who are interested: http://www.harms-bergung.de/Pictors/...0090107-st.pdf

As for whether Voith-Schneider propulsion is popular in Harbour Tug, I had a look at the PSA Marine fleet of 59 Tugs: http://www.psamarine.com/fleet.php
                  Only one, VST 1, built 1974 has VS propulsion.
                  I think that is a general trend, although some VS Tractors are still being built.

Comment

Thank you so much ombuge for sharing more knowledge! Appreciate it very much.

Comment

A. BAHGAT durig passage Suez Channel.

NOAWEN 8 in Port Said

Jack Mulder

Comment

Alois 9494119 today 05 juli 2010 alongside by Shipyard Visser Den Helder (The Netherlands)

Jack Mulder

Comment

[/URL]

I delivered three tug similar to this one to Dar es Salam and Mombasa on behalf of the East African Harbour Corporation.
                          Built in Singapore with all Japaneses equipment and machinery.

The first one I Captaine my self, but for the next two I hired someone else to do that job. Maybe one of the worst tips I have ever experiensed across more than 4,000 n.miles of open ocean in a craft that was designed and built to work in protected harbours.

Comment

ALA LY-94-RL at work in Lisboa (Potugal)

Jack Mulder

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                              "NSO Crusader" on her way out from Tromsø this afternoon.

What, the Norwegian Coastal Administration cannot register in Norway?

Comment

Alphonse Letzer 7115593 berthed in Den Helder.

Jack Mulder

Comment

Working...
                                X