X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    The sunken trawler "Bukhta Naezdnik" at low tide sunday morning in Breivika harbor,Tromsø.
    Two people from the Norwegian Coastal Administration check the equipment that collects any oil spills in the stern on the ship.

There has been very little oil spill from the trawler after it sank at the quay.

Bukhta Naezdnik by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied

Seagull commented Have I understood the Norwegian papers correctly - that the fire may have resulted from welding work, and spread to fishing nets, but that this has not yet been confirmed by the police?
    It has been confirmed that welding work was carried out on board the ship yesterday.
    But the cause itself is not confirmed and the case is being investigated by the police.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Bengt, you were the first person I thought about when I heard about the fire, While I was relieved that the smoke was not blowing in your direction, it was shocking to read that it was the hospital that was affected by it, both by the smoke itself and the difficulties of staff getting to work. Fortunately the smoke seems to have been unpleasant rather than toxic, and evacuating the hospital was not necessary.

Thank you for sharing your amazing series of photographs of the situation as it happened.

Have I understood the Norwegian papers correctly - that the fire may have resulted from welding work, and spread to fishing nets, but that this has not yet been confirmed by the police?

• antias
    replied
    I’ve read the crew is safe. That’s the best of that story.
    Now we have only 19 boats left of these class.
    And i had the hope to see one of them while I’m in Norway next month.

Thank you for sharing this, Bengt.

Matthias

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Those are some really dramatic shots you have captured there, that smoke is not healthy at all.

I saw the news breaking and have been keeping an eye on the developments as they unfolded. Thank you so very much for sharing these truly dramatic images.

I remember very well these trawlers being built at Sterkoder, and I might even have an image from her building, somewhere deep inside my hard drive. When I get to them, I will certainly share them with you all.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    And yard nr. 129 from Sterkoder shipbuilding yard here in Kristiansund, delivered February 1992 as MIKHAIL LEVASHOV, is now history.

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Bukhta Naezdnik" thursday morning at 07:42 local time

Bukhta Naezdnik synker by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

At 08:52

Bukhta Naezdnik synker 02 by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

At 09:06 she is sinking

Bukhta Naezdnik synker 03 by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

At 09:06:42

Bukhta Naezdnik synker 04 by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

This is how it looks after the sinking.

Bukhta Naezdnik synker 05 by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Here are some pictures from the fire aboard the russian trawler "Bukhta Naezdnik" that started burning yesterday morning in Breivika harbor,Tromsø..
    The trawler sank this morning at 09:06 local time.

The fire strated about 11:00 local time yesterday.

Bukhta Naezdnik in fire at the pier in Tromsø by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

"OV Bøkfjord" began to flush seawater into the fire area.

OV Bøkfjord anf TB Lupus by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for sharing all these additional images.. highly appreciated.

Regarding the light blue Spanish trawler... does the rules permit any country to come fishing up here now?

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Spanish trawler "Eirado Do Costal" out from Tromsø this afternoon.

Eirado DO Costal by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Crab ship "Arctic Pioneer" outbound from Tromsø tonight.

Arctic Pioneer by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Enniberg" (FO) inbound to Tromsø tonight.

Enniberg by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    WOW, if I may say so... image 1128/1 in the morning rain and haze looks a bit out of this world. Really cool capture, perfect timing. I really get the early morning feel from that image, and the next one too.

Diomedes does have a peculiar design I think... the funnel is nearly not elevated from the deck, for some reason... it looks like the mast can be folded too, perhaps to pass under low bridges in a specific area.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    These photos of Glacier Enterprise made a particular impression on me.The rain and haze seem appropriate to the vessel somehow and make the images really atmospheric.

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Another russian crab boat "Diomedes" at slow speed north Tromsø strait this afternoon.

Diomedes by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X