X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    It is a boom trawler, pulling heavy nets along the bottom to catch bottom dwelling fish of all kind, especially flounders etc.

• pakarang
    replied
    I'm no fishing boat expert but the vessel in 786 is a shrimp trawler, right?

Leave a comment:

• Germen
    replied

Photo: fishing boat TS 2
    West-Terschelling 30-7-2014

Regards Germen

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Not picture of a single fishing boats, but a video from the traditional Portuguese dorry fishery on the Grand Banks, off Newfoundland, which was done in much the same way for hundreds of years.
    This video from 1966 must be close to the end of this traditional fishing method and way of life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?vZOdwbqgycU#t=436

The Portuguese was among the first to develop modern Factory Trawlers. In fact the first Norwegian Factory Trawler, Longva, had a Portuguese "Traalbas" (Trawl Bosun) He is credited with developing the type of trawl nets used by Norwegian trawlers, even today.

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your kind words,Seagull
    It's good to be back home again.

• ombugge
    replied
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Re: World's FISHING BOATS

I spotted this vessel under construction at a shipyard in Batam two weeks ago:
    It looks like a large Super Trawler for catching Pelagic species like Horse Mackerel and Herring. Probably Dutch. Anybody know anything about the vessel??:

She has got a coat of green paint on the hull now.
    I have been trying to find out more about this one, but never realy got a reply, other than that she was probably Russian.
    Now I have found the answer to this mysterious Fishing Vessel. She is built for Russian Owner Robinzon Ltd. Murmansk:

PT Mutiara Shipyard Nanindah, part of DDW-PaxOcean Asia Pte Ltd, is currently finishing the building of DNV class T214 freezer trawler for a vessel owner in Russia. The 115 meter long ship, which will be delivered in April 2014, has auto trawl system and automatic sorting, cleaning, cooling and packaging system for up to 240 tons of fish per day.

She is very similar to the Dutch Super trawlers, meant for Horse Mackerel and other Pelagic fish. First such vessel built in S.E.Asia as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Nice collection of fishing boats, Bengt!
    It always feels like a new season starts when you return from Spain and I begin to feel more in touch with Tromsø again

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on Guest's reply
    Nice caption Joakim!

• Ralf__
    commented on Guest's reply
    Nice one. You can feel the windy, fresh air. Good position in front of the sea, with tha landscape in the background. Perfect angle.

Guest replied
    "Hovden Viking"

Hovden Viking kopi by JoakimAndré, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the comment, Ralf

• Ralf__
    replied
    Nice serie of night shots. Favourite picture? Certainly #752 Atlantic Star. Wonderful with the car on the street in the background. Well done!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    This particular vessel is a ..... "brønnbåt" in Norwegian... is it called "live-fish-carrier" in English (?)
    Sí, es correcto

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Design is certainly changing....

This particular vessel is a ..... "brønnbåt" in Norwegian... is it called "live-fish-carrier" in English (?)

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Amazing design! Good to see, how ships design is developing. Some shapes of the past didn't seem to be too bad...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X