X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice additions to the current thread on fishing vessels.... they certainly come in all sizes, shapes and ages.

The Russian flagged Sapphire II certainly looks fresh in her paints.... the days of old rusty ships appears to be over not only for Russian ships, but all other nationalities as well. Fishing must be good I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Mulder
    replied
    BRU-12 WOLFERT-FRANKE close to Amsterdam.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    This Trawler/Seiner paid a visit to Aalesund on 01. July, 2017:

The Pakarang view:

The deck is pretty well covered in equipment:

She is set up only for pelagic trawling at this time:

Leave a comment:

• Jack Mulder
    replied
    BRU-12 WOLFERT-FRANKE

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Another Coastal Seiner that dropped by for a day or two:

That's all the fishing boats I have captured lately. (More to follow when seen)

PS> Nice name; "The Charmer"

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Here is a Scottish Trawler/Seiner that has spent a few weeks idle here in Aalesund. (Still here):

She appears to be registered in Banff:

Or is it Gardentown???:

A majestic bow view:

I have no idea why she is still here, after over a month left idle at the wharf. (??)

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Some fishing boats drops in for short visits. like this Coastal Seiner:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Since Bengt has abdicated his throne, much to everybody's regret, I have to take up the slack.
    Here is a few fishing vessels seen in Aalesund the last few weeks.
    First a regular, the Trawler/Seiner M.Ytterstad of Harstad:

As far as lines go, she compares favourably with the Cruise ships shearing the Fishery Pier cum Cruise centre:

Maybe with exception of this cruise ship?:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I have been following that story with great interest over the past few weeks. Remøy is a giant of a fishing vessel, and it seems as a details stopped her from sailing.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Fishing vessel H-82-S heading for Aalesund yesterday:

Her reflection in a window at Radisson Blue Hotel, Aalesund:

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Pakarang - Nerdy? Maybe, but I'd rather say you just recognise GORGEOUS when you see it! Form and function in one vessel.
    And Grindøya - a ‘busy’ complicated backdrop to a vessel's superstructure that could also be described with similar words! Usually a challenge for a photographer! - but your studies of ship and background succeed and delight me more and more.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice images of what appears to be a really beautiful looking fishing vessel (Christine E).... how nerdy is it to admit that I like the design of a fishing vessel?

Leave a comment:

• Jack Mulder
    replied
    HD 50 JANNA JOHANNA CORNELIA

Leave a comment:

• Oistein
    commented on 's reply
    And now the party leader is afraid that this joke will cost them seats in the next election.
    Maybe they should do something with all the hopeless suggestions and solutions they are trying to implement in the real world.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    It must be some sort of a Facebook-joke, but I had to smile:
    In Norway, the Environmentalist Green Party (Miljøpartiet De Grønne) has come up with a proposal to limit NoX, CO2 and other bad things from fishing vessels:
    We should stop using fishingboats, because there are always enough fish in the fishmarkets and groserystores anyway (hahaha) ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X