Clear All

A few more of "Kvernsund" departing from Vikran to Sandsøy

"Kvernsund" by The Sea-Otter, on Flickr

Comment

Nice winterly Nerwegian ferry pictures... thank you for posting.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The car ferry Sebastien Vauban.Blaye-Lamarque between right bank and left bank in the estuary of Gironde (South West France).

The former waiting room with the coat-of-arms of Blaye.

Comment

Good shots yvneac. Here's some of my pics taken in May 2010 in the same part of France. These ones of the Royan to Le Verdon ferries La Girdone and Le Verdon.

Comment

URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Germen1968/media/IMG_3506_edited-1_zpsbpfxzltp.jpg.html][/URL]

Photo: ms Terschellinger Bank (Rederij Wadden Transport)
          Line: Harlingen – Terschelling - Vlieland
          West - Terschelling 31-7-2012

Regards Germen

Comment

Some pics of the new look Pont Aven in Cork earlier after her overnight from Roscoff. Don't think the new scrubbers have done her appearance any favours.

More pics https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8PJNE2

Comment

I was once told that size does not matter but that funnel is definately gigantic!
              With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
              Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

Comment

Another big white boat, this time waiting to leave Kiel and head to sunny Sweden.

Stena Germanica sunbathing last week.

They definitely didn't want her to go anywhere before time ...

And they certainly didn't want anybody to go onboard before the allotted hour!

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

All the extra paint is advertising the fact that Stena say that Germanica is the world's first methanol-powered ferry. Personally I've seen some of its occupants consume alcohol-based products for the entire journey, but this seems to be different. Did eventually manage to go to sleep without thinking about the extremely large tank of methanol deep in the bowels of this beast.

She did seem to be burning something very cleanly though as we left Germany and headed north.

Although I did feel sorry for this poor lorry - all on his own - no friends. He wasn't allowed in the covered bit of the upper lorry deck, just 'cos he had some rather nasty cargo on-board (or maybe it was just personal!).

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

And finally - the driver, or at least one of them.

The view from his office is rather better than the view from my tin shed.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Does that mean you are in Norway again or was it a shorter trip?

Comment

• PoloUK
                        PoloUK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Back home now - just a week's trip to Oslo.

Three of a kind - all at Strömstad, Sweden.

For those of you that may not be familiar with these little(ish) ships, these are the ferries that run between Strömstad and Sandefjord, Norway, on the other side of Oslofjord. It's about 2 1/2 hours on the boat, but a lot more than that to go around via Oslo, or even via the Oslo Tunnel.

Firstly Bohus - just to prove that not all older ships are particularly elegant. (More about her here, thanks to ferry-site.dk).

Then the second of the Color Line ships, Color Viking, sailing into the sunset.

And finally, the next morning, Fjord Line's Oslofjord - this one used to see a bit more sea in her previous lives, having for a long time done the Bergen to Hanstholm run.

I'm not too sure about the 'handbag' effect on the back of this one, although the overall effect is a rather nice paint job to my eye at least.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

The Fjordline ships have a much nicer design than those of Color Line, although Color Viking in this post looks rather similar than Bohus - with even comparable positions of the staff. Perfect discipline or a wrong picture in the end...

The "handbag" has been added to Oslofjord during her last conversion in 2013/2014. I did not find a new decksplan in the web, but i guess there is a new restaurant inside and the view through the panorama windows is great.

Comment

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh gosh, what an idiot I am. Next time you look at this I'll have fixed it. If I only had a brain.

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fixed - apologies for not having realised that I'd posted the same picture twice.

• Ralf__
                          Ralf__ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Be honest, that was just a test to see, if we all are awake and reading attentively...

Bolsoy is getting ready to start her summer season in the Geiranger fjord:

I believe she starts the Hellesylt - Geiramger v.v. from 1st May??

Comment

Another ferry seen in Aalesund lately is not actually a "Car ferry", but has the shape of one.
                          Here is Fjord Kongen, moored at Skansekaia South:

Not carrying passengers, but selling cloths by the look of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X