X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy
    started a topic Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Det ser ut som at Kristiansund i 2012 får rekord i antall cruise anløp,pr dags dato ser det ut til at 8 har booka seg inn

It looks like Kristiansund will have a record number of cruise calls in 2012... as per today, there are already 8 ships booked.
    Last edited by Galaxy; October 17th, 2011, 18:33. Reason: Added translation. ....

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the photos. For the past 6 weeks I have been keeping track of cruise ships around the world on Cruise Mapper and where they are going during the COVID crisis.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Very interesting to see, what they are working on.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Sterkoder has a special place in my heart
    ​​​​​​IMGP5114 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Brand new car ferry SMØLA to the left and as we see, even though VIKING SEA is a middle to big cruise ship, the nature is bigger..., to put it that way. The Sterkoder hall is 33 meters high.
    ​​​​​​IMGP5112 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Final picture..., I promise
    ​​​​​IMGP5118 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    VIKING SEA arrived Kristiansund Sunday 12. April 2020 at 11:00 local time for a three months covid-19 "hot" layup.
    The ship company rent this place at the old Sterkoder ship yard through to the end of July.
    Here are a few of my 40+ pictures from my Pentax K-1 II. First lot with the 150-450mm and the last three with the 28-105mm.

Here she comes, almost drifting around the bend
    ​​​​​​IMGP5075 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sailing into the Dalesundet inlet with Kvitnes light to the right. The lighthouse is 2,75 kilometers east of my position
    ​​​​​​IMGP5080 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

VIKING SEA passes a land tongue called Ormetunga (tongue of a worm) and she's now 1,58 kilometers from my camera (Note the guy on land there, hopefully with a very wide lense)
    IMGP5091 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

We have to have the 'Pakarang view'
    IMGP5093 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Wanted to try this in b/w
    ​​​​​​IMGP5096 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The red seahouse to the right there is a popular photography motif among people walking around in that area, but we have never seen that house in the same frame as a cruise ship. Now we have.
    ​​​​​​IMGP5097 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A group of guys from Dale Industripark and Port Authorities on the quay waiting for the mooring ropes
    ​​​​​​IMGP5107 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I'd love to welcome Black Watch back to Trondheim any time: never get tired looking at a Royal Viking.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    As is the same over here, every weekend again the same vessels.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    It's like something is on 'repeat' in this city when it comes to cruise calls, but here we go again, with BLACK WATCH today
    IMGP4586 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4598 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP4580 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4583 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I may drop the ball(s) here, but I kind of like her design... I think she is actually quite cute. I can't really explain, but I think she is not that bad at all.... I guess taste is an independent thing.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    These huge ships are boringly ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Agree. It seems like the ship engineers and designers don't care much for what's above the Plimsoll mark.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice pictures, but what a boring ship design?! She don't seem to have much outer decks either?

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Today, we had a movie star moored in Kristiansund.
    A movie star, you say? Yes, the SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR had a major role as a location in the movie 'After the Sunset' (2004), with Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Salma Hayek (among others).

The SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR (without the ugly duck-tail in 2004) was scheduled to arrive at 08 AM today, but due to an emergency on board (someone getting sick), they had to speed up and so they sailed into the harbor at around 10 PM last night.
    Other than that, all seemed to go well and she left for new destinations at 3 PM.

Seen from Thon Hotel Innlandet
    ​​​​​​IMGP3997 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP3994 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A bit further west from the hotel, it's possible to take pictures through a privately owned garden
    ​​​​​​IMGP4005 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the roof of the AMFI Storkaia shopping mall, you can see the Thon Hotell Innlandet on the other side of the harbor there, just above the ship bow
    IMGP4007 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The bridge
    IMGP4009 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Main mast with the Norwegian and company flag. (All three radars turned around about two hours before scheduled departure. Normally they warm up half an hour before, or...?)
    IMGP4012 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to take a photo with a sundbåt too, as always
    IMGP4013 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Seen from Nordlandet
    ​​​​​​IMGP4019 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    She is such a beauty, and personally, I think her current hull fits her way better than the all-white hull. She looks so dignified and distinguished like this. Great colour combination!

Thanks for sharing these images of such a historic vessel.

This one, has really been around the world so many times. I especially remember her as the Westward under NCL house-flag.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Last time we had BLACK WATCH here in Kristiansund was back in July 2016.
    Then she was all white, so today, 17. June, we saw her for the first time with the blue-ish hull here. She arrived 12:30 local time and left 19:30.
    When at work, these are the two pictures I managed to get.

​​​​​​IMGP2902 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP2903 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X