X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy
    started a topic Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Det ser ut som at Kristiansund i 2012 får rekord i antall cruise anløp,pr dags dato ser det ut til at 8 har booka seg inn

It looks like Kristiansund will have a record number of cruise calls in 2012... as per today, there are already 8 ships booked.
    Last edited by Galaxy; October 17th, 2011, 18:33. Reason: Added translation. ....

• pakarang
    replied
    I'd love to welcome Black Watch back to Trondheim any time: never get tired looking at a Royal Viking.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    As is the same over here, every weekend again the same vessels.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    It's like something is on 'repeat' in this city when it comes to cruise calls, but here we go again, with BLACK WATCH today
    IMGP4586 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4598 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP4580 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4583 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I may drop the ball(s) here, but I kind of like her design... I think she is actually quite cute. I can't really explain, but I think she is not that bad at all.... I guess taste is an independent thing.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    These huge ships are boringly ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Agree. It seems like the ship engineers and designers don't care much for what's above the Plimsoll mark.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice pictures, but what a boring ship design?! She don't seem to have much outer decks either?

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Today, we had a movie star moored in Kristiansund.
    A movie star, you say? Yes, the SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR had a major role as a location in the movie 'After the Sunset' (2004), with Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Salma Hayek (among others).

The SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR (without the ugly duck-tail in 2004) was scheduled to arrive at 08 AM today, but due to an emergency on board (someone getting sick), they had to speed up and so they sailed into the harbor at around 10 PM last night.
    Other than that, all seemed to go well and she left for new destinations at 3 PM.

Seen from Thon Hotel Innlandet
    ​​​​​​IMGP3997 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP3994 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A bit further west from the hotel, it's possible to take pictures through a privately owned garden
    ​​​​​​IMGP4005 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the roof of the AMFI Storkaia shopping mall, you can see the Thon Hotell Innlandet on the other side of the harbor there, just above the ship bow
    IMGP4007 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The bridge
    IMGP4009 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Main mast with the Norwegian and company flag. (All three radars turned around about two hours before scheduled departure. Normally they warm up half an hour before, or...?)
    IMGP4012 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to take a photo with a sundbåt too, as always
    IMGP4013 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Seen from Nordlandet
    ​​​​​​IMGP4019 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    She is such a beauty, and personally, I think her current hull fits her way better than the all-white hull. She looks so dignified and distinguished like this. Great colour combination!

Thanks for sharing these images of such a historic vessel.

This one, has really been around the world so many times. I especially remember her as the Westward under NCL house-flag.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Last time we had BLACK WATCH here in Kristiansund was back in July 2016.
    Then she was all white, so today, 17. June, we saw her for the first time with the blue-ish hull here. She arrived 12:30 local time and left 19:30.
    When at work, these are the two pictures I managed to get.

​​​​​​IMGP2902 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP2903 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    My pleasure, as always :-) (And I agree)

• pakarang
    replied
    I think the VIKING SKY is a really beautiful vessel, BUT, and there is a big BUT, compared to Marco Polo, the Marco Polo clearly wins.

The more time passing by, Marco Polo has become one of the truly last beauties.

Thank you for sharing these ships with us (me).

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you, Ralf. My pleasure.
    As I got ISPS access to the quays around, here are just a couple taken with my iPhone camera a few hours ago. Viking Sky moored at quay 8, Vestbase.
    The only noticeable exterior damage is the missing anchors.

55826190_10157550526984610_2766544269652000768_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An excellent spot for the Pakarang view
    55470389_10157550527029610_3002147874654912512_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Look at those lines!! Thank you for posting!
Working...
X