Cruise ships in Norway 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which building design do you like?
    "AIDAaura" built in 2003 or "Marco Polo" built in 1965 ....

AIDAaura og Marco Polo by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
    Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Oh, the Marco Polo, without hesitation! Sleek and elegant
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Marco Polo, that's for sure!

Comment

I agree with both of you

"Marco Polo" departing from Tromsø this evening and next port of call is Honningsvåg.

Marco Polo departing by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Undoubtedly, my answer would OFF COURSE be MARCO POLO too. She is such a rare, and elegant beauty: and in times when everything looks the same, more or less, she is still a true SHIP!

By a coincidence, I noticed her on Marinetraffic a couple of days ago, and saw that she m ade her way northwards off the coast.

These are the kind of passenger ships that SMELLS like a ship when you are on board.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Expedition" passed Tromsø this afternoon on her voyage up to Honningsvåg.

Expedition by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Estethically, this is not a beautiful vessel at all, but there is something charming about her that makes me actually like her.

I think the red hull suits EXPEDITION, as well as the large windows and profile.

This is actually a successful conversion from ferry to expedition ship.

Great picture and thank you for sharing with us. I know she was in Trondheim a few days ago too, perhaps before she sailed passed you, but I did not have sufficient time to get a shot of her that day.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"AIDAluna" departing from Tromsø this afternoon and her next port of call is Leknes,Lofoten.

AIDAluna by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Cruise ships in Aalesund today. Spot the difference:

Silver Wind did not get a place at the Cruise Centre:

Hurtigruten had to make first call of the day at Flatholmen.

Comment

"Costa Pacifica" departing from Tromsø yesterday afternoon.

Costa Pacifica departing Tromsø by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

"Marella Explorer" (ex.Mein Schiff ) moored in Breivika harbor,Tromsø today.She left Tromsø in the afternoon and set course for Bodø.

Marella Explorer by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

"Mein Schiff 4" also moored in Breivika harbor today.She left Tromsø this evening and set course south to Trondheim.

Mein Schiff 4 by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Great new catches... some of these ships that are shown above are truly massive. May they all finish their cruises without any mishap or engine failure.

Comment

"AIDAluna" inbound to Breivika harbor,Tromsø early this morning.

AIDAluna by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
                              Last edited by DS Lyngen; June 18th, 2019, 20:45.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. Some people (read: all the people) on the ferries here south, see a cruise ship, and think that I'm interested in them. I'm not....

hahahahahahaha..... it's like everyone thinking of me when they see a cruise ship. I'm guilty. I'm was interested, I am interested and I will forever be interested in cruise ship. That's the truth.

Here is Mein Schiff arriving at Trondheim today, June 19th 2019, as see from my giant moving / sailing tripod called Lagatun:

2019_06_19 EOS5D RAW Mein Schiff 4-IMG_9405 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_19 EOS5D RAW Mein Schiff 4-IMG_9415 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_19 EOS5D RAW Mein Schiff 4-IMG_9434 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_19 EOS5D RAW Mein Schiff 4-IMG_9440 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_19 EOS5D RAW Mein Schiff 4-IMG_9454 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X