X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ombugge
    started a topic Cruise Ships of the World

Cruise Ships of the World

I just realized that although Cruise Ships used to dominate this Forum, (May now have been overtaken by ferries) there is no general Cruise Ships thread.
    So here it is.

Cruise Ships seen at the Cruise Terminal in Singapore the last couple of days:

Should be familiar vessel to some on this forum, I believe???

• janihudi
    replied
    I didn't know her, she is a small vessel too.
    they were working at her at that time.
    But now you show te link, i remembered that there became a small cruise vessel for the Galapagos islands. She is small cause of the amount of tourists that May go to it

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    These are some kind of spooky images: An abandoned ship with un unknown future...
    Very interesting for me is Silver Origin. She is brand new and for sure not to be repaired, but to be completed. Have to have a look at her later on.
    https://www.silversea.com/ships/silver-origin.html

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

instead of a waterline image, a concrete line image

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

(
    distorted by the smarthphone)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    '' World Dream'' moored in Rotterdam

she had a drydock service ,wich was quick ,she issn't that old.
    in that time they painted the Chinese characters of her name away .(thanks Ralf for pointing that out)
    she was towed out of dock to and bankrupsy container terminal to keep the expencive quay and dock of the shipyard free for other vessels.
    because the only work that had to been done was building a quay power system,and for that there was no need for a shipyard.
    at this moment her destination is unknown,there is even a posibility that she wont go back to the Asian cruisemarket.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''silver origin'' moored in Rotterdam
    for some repairs ,but maybe also due corona

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    It is sad but I find myself looking around the world to see where they are parking all cruise ships. It looks like some are taking the opportunity to dry dock. A few are tied to docks around the world but a surprising number are anchoring out. If you look at the area between Miami, Florida USA and the Bahamas you'll see many dots of anchored cruise ships.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Thank's for comment Ralf, Thalassa was a very interresting broadcast ( taken off last year) dedicated to the sea in all kind of aspects. I didn't share links because the reports are allways in French and I guess very few members understand it.
    Years ago (1990) I had recorded (on a VHS tape, unfortunately broken now) a report about the coastal express with some views of Kong Olaf and almost new Vesteralen. Try to refind it on the net without success,

• Ralf__
    replied
    Oh they have a second income with the ice academy... sorry, somehow i did not notice the second post.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Thank you for sharing. The preview looks promising.
    But i can't imagine, how it can be possible to earn money with this concept. When they are fully booked, they have an income of about 60.000 Euro per week for the Norwegian cruises, which cover the majority of the dates. That will hardly cover the costs of the ship, the salary of the crew and the costs for food and beverage. There has the invest to flow back and the agencies want to have their part.
    But it is looking all together very attractive.
    She will be at 12.04.2020 in Kristiansund. That is easter sunday. Svein, you shurely don't know yet, what to do on that day??

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    In addition to my previous post, I went to the website of Latitude Blanche company. There, you can find an English version, not of the TV report though. But for those who Don't speak French, it can be Handy to understand it.
    https://www.latitudeblanche.com/ice-academy/?lang=en

Leave a comment:

Working...
X