Norwegian Cruise Line and their Freestyle Cruising [NCL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwegian Cruise Line and their Freestyle Cruising [NCL]

PS I have just noticed it says Anchorage on the photo of Norwegian Pearl, dont know how on earth that came up because it was our first stop at Ketchikan before we really hit all the ice and snow. Silly me, so addicted to CV i think my mind is so confused with all the places and countries. lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Found another photo of Norwegian Pearl at Ketchikan, Alaska, May 2011

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Hi Jan Olav, My contact in America is saying the same thing, Norwegian Dream is in Singapore, mired in litigation. There was a report on NORWEGIAN DREAM UPDATE - CRUISE INDUSTRY NEWS/CRUISE NEWS link. The plot thickens ! i will keep searching. The MARINE TRAFFIC.COM states last position received area INDIAN OCEAN. last received info destination LANGKAWI SC TERM 1 . ETA 2011 .12. 05. Is any of this information helping.
        Last edited by kiki42; February 14th, 2012, 17:42. Reason: added information

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          Building the story of their ships:

http://www.captainsvoyage.com/captai...ite_ships.html

Quite a few blank and unknown details needs clarification.
          How far back are you going, remember the MARCO POLO was under NCL until about 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
            Hi Jan Olav, My contact in America is saying the same thing, Norwegian Dream is in Singapore, mired in litigation. There was a report on NORWEGIAN DREAM UPDATE - CRUISE INDUSTRY NEWS/CRUISE NEWS link. The plot thickens ! i will keep searching. The MARINE TRAFFIC.COM states last position received area INDIAN OCEAN. last received info destination LANGKAWI SC TERM 1 . ETA 2011 .12. 05. Is any of this information helping.
            So, theoretically, she should still be in either Singapore or in Malaysia somewhere...

I find it really strange she has not had the opportunity on a new life yet... 4 years without a paying passenger is a long time for such a large ship.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              So, theoretically, she should still be in either Singapore or in Malaysia somewhere...

I find it really strange she has not had the opportunity on a new life yet... 4 years without a paying passenger is a long time for such a large ship.
              I dont know if you already know the following information, I read posts on Norwegian Dream on cruisingtalk.com. Looks like she was in Singapore since May 2011 serious problems. In August she was due to go to Langkawi ,Malaysia, but had to turn back her best speed was 11.9 knots, so could have been mechanical problems. Back in the shipyard. Louis Cruises paid 13.3 million dollars as settlement for not going through with the sale before as not happy with mechanical condition of the ship. No news of any work being carried out on her. She departed for Langkawi 29th sept 2011, pictures of her there in October . She was advertised for sale for 3 years. Star Cruises have made no decisions on what they are going to do with her. She was still advertised for sale in November. Looks like a lot of problems with the ship.

Comment

I wonder what could be so wrong to spoil what I think would be a valuable ship? She was the first of the class so I suppose there could have been problems but I can not imagine anything that would not have been solved long ago.

Comment

and those idiots of star cruises killed the ss NORWAY for this stupid ''thing''
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                    I wonder what could be so wrong to spoil what I think would be a valuable ship?
                    That is what makes it so interesting for me as well.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Lengthening of Norwegian Majesty... that was when I resigned from NCL:

Comment

Its amazing what they can do to Cruise Ships and the cost, Did you know Norwegian Dream was to be sold for 218 million dollars, Think of the cost of the loss of the Concordia,

Comment

Cool video of the Norwegian Jade at sea...worth seeing!

https://vimeo.com/4736723

Comment

Second post in this thread today... really want to share with you the latest images of the new NCL-ship:

http://buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/

I really wish they would build a new SS Norway again.... all we can do is to sail with them, so they make enough money to do it.

Comment

The new ship's hull-art revealed:

Norwegian Breakaway’s signature hull artwork designed by pop icon and America’s most popular living artist, Peter Max! This is the first time we have ever commissioned a well-known artist to paint the hull artwork on one of our ships. Max’s signature artwork will cover approximately 40,000 square feet of Norwegian Breakaway’s hull!

Comment

I have seen indications in Maasmondmaritime Newsletter that the cruiseship Norwegian Dream will return to service as Superstar Gemini.

She has been at anchor off Singapore for a long time now.

Comment

Working...
                                X