Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Cruise Line and their Freestyle Cruising [NCL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Ahaaa.... this is the one which was to become the P&O ship! Now, I remember!

    Wonder if she is soon to be seen at Alang?
    Yeupp.. I still get so confused over who is who among the "white ships" that I need to look it up every time. I guess I'll never learn it "by heart"..

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
      Yeupp.. I still get so confused over who is who among the "white ships" that I need to look it up every time. I guess I'll never learn it "by heart"..
      I always seem to have the same problem, as well as which of the Royal Viking ships became which one...?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        #18
        Thought I should push up this old thread to the top by posting an old image which was taken on board the Norwegian Star at the end of 1998, just before the ship was due to depart for Australia and Norwegian Capricorn Lines. You may off course see me in the picture also...

        I guess I don't need to say that the Norwegian Star was a former Royal Viking vessel... anyone remember which RV vessel, and bonus points to the one who can also correctly identify the port at which the image was taken...

        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

        Comment


          #19
          I used to like the old advertisements of NCL, this is one of them:

          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

          Comment


            #20
            Remember the charming Leeward?


            NCL Postcard


            NCL Postcard
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

            Comment


              #21
              ... or the handsome Norwegian Star?


              NCL Postcard
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

              Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

              Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Thought I should push up this old thread to the top by posting an old image which was taken on board the Norwegian Star at the end of 1998, just before the ship was due to depart for Australia and Norwegian Capricorn Lines. You may off course see me in the picture also...

                I guess I don't need to say that the Norwegian Star was a former Royal Viking vessel... anyone remember which RV vessel, and bonus points to the one who can also correctly identify the port at which the image was taken...

                Are you somewhere in this photo?

                Comment


                  #23
                  I see the Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby Captain, should I say?????

                  Comment


                    #24
                    The Norwegian Star was the Royal Viking Sea. I cannot identify the port so no bonus points for me.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      I used to like the old advertisements of NCL, this is one of them:

                      I never saw this brochure but very nice indeed! The best ever NCL advertisement IMHO was for the Norway in the American market. It only ran once a week on Saturday evening immediately following the TV series "The Love Boat" in the early to mid 80's. It starts out looking straight down on an empty ocean from the sky. Then from left to right at the horizontal center of the screen the Norway sails through the frame. Then just before her wake fills the screen, centered near the top is the NCL logo and Norwegian Cruise Line, as seen from the sky.

                      Although the clip ran about 15 seconds, it was a profound advertisement.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by PeaSea8ch View Post
                        I never saw this brochure but very nice indeed! The best ever NCL advertisement IMHO was for the Norway in the American market. It only ran once a week on Saturday evening immediately following the TV series "The Love Boat" in the early to mid 80's. It starts out looking straight down on an empty ocean from the sky. Then from left to right at the horizontal center of the screen the Norway sails through the frame. Then just before her wake fills the screen, centered near the top is the NCL logo and Norwegian Cruise Line, as seen from the sky.

                        Although the clip ran about 15 seconds, it was a profound advertisement.
                        Sounds like a great ad indeed.

                        I also had (can't find it anymore) another favourite advertisement which ran in magazines in the 90's. It was a globe covered in a Norwegian flag.... The text read something like 'The world is covered in water, the waters are covered with Norwegians'....

                        If I find it again, I'll be sure to post it again.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Great images, especially of the crew of the old Star! I recognize several crewmembers, our captain included!

                          I'm not sure, but I think the place looks a little bit like Roatan, Honduras?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
                            Great images, especially of the crew of the old Star! I recognize several crewmembers, our captain included!

                            I'm not sure, but I think the place looks a little bit like Roatan, Honduras?
                            Spot on! Roatan, Honduras! Not sure I remember which one is the Captain, but I think it might have been Captain Fafalios?
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              Spot on! Roatan, Honduras! Not sure I remember which one is the Captain, but I think it might have been Captain Fafalios?
                              I can't see Kostas (Fafalios) on the picture. However, I can see Capt Sverre Sovdsnes. I can also see Frank Moltu and I believe he was chief officer then.

                              I actually went to Roatan myself, "by accident" with the SS Norway in the spring of 2001. We were doing the Western Carribean run and was supposed to call at the new cruise port of Costa Maya. However, a hurricane had destroyed the port, so for a few times we called at Roatan instead

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
                                I can't see Kostas (Fafalios) on the picture. However, I can see Capt Sverre Sovdsnes. I can also see Frank Moltu and I believe he was chief officer then.

                                I actually went to Roatan myself, "by accident" with the SS Norway in the spring of 2001. We were doing the Western Carribean run and was supposed to call at the new cruise port of Costa Maya. However, a hurricane had destroyed the port, so for a few times we called at Roatan instead
                                I can't recognize the one standing to the left of Captain Sverre.... I recall that being the Captain?

                                I had no idea that SS norway had also been to Roatan. Would be cool if you could toss up the dates and some more information on those calls, so that I could add it to her time line on the main page and include Roatan at the page for maiden calls.
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X