Norwegian Cruise Line and their Freestyle Cruising [NCL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Ahaaa.... this is the one which was to become the P&O ship! Now, I remember!

Wonder if she is soon to be seen at Alang?
    Yeupp.. I still get so confused over who is who among the "white ships" that I need to look it up every time. I guess I'll never learn it "by heart"..

Comment

Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
      Yeupp.. I still get so confused over who is who among the "white ships" that I need to look it up every time. I guess I'll never learn it "by heart"..
      I always seem to have the same problem, as well as which of the Royal Viking ships became which one...?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thought I should push up this old thread to the top by posting an old image which was taken on board the Norwegian Star at the end of 1998, just before the ship was due to depart for Australia and Norwegian Capricorn Lines. You may off course see me in the picture also...

I guess I don't need to say that the Norwegian Star was a former Royal Viking vessel... anyone remember which RV vessel, and bonus points to the one who can also correctly identify the port at which the image was taken...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I used to like the old advertisements of NCL, this is one of them:

Comment

Remember the charming Leeward?

NCL Postcard

NCL Postcard

Comment

... or the handsome Norwegian Star?

NCL Postcard

Comment

Thought I should push up this old thread to the top by posting an old image which was taken on board the Norwegian Star at the end of 1998, just before the ship was due to depart for Australia and Norwegian Capricorn Lines. You may off course see me in the picture also...

I guess I don't need to say that the Norwegian Star was a former Royal Viking vessel... anyone remember which RV vessel, and bonus points to the one who can also correctly identify the port at which the image was taken...

Are you somewhere in this photo?

Comment

I see the Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby Captain, should I say?????

Comment

The Norwegian Star was the Royal Viking Sea. I cannot identify the port so no bonus points for me.

Comment

I used to like the old advertisements of NCL, this is one of them:

I never saw this brochure but very nice indeed! The best ever NCL advertisement IMHO was for the Norway in the American market. It only ran once a week on Saturday evening immediately following the TV series "The Love Boat" in the early to mid 80's. It starts out looking straight down on an empty ocean from the sky. Then from left to right at the horizontal center of the screen the Norway sails through the frame. Then just before her wake fills the screen, centered near the top is the NCL logo and Norwegian Cruise Line, as seen from the sky.

Although the clip ran about 15 seconds, it was a profound advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSea8ch View Post
                        I never saw this brochure but very nice indeed! The best ever NCL advertisement IMHO was for the Norway in the American market. It only ran once a week on Saturday evening immediately following the TV series "The Love Boat" in the early to mid 80's. It starts out looking straight down on an empty ocean from the sky. Then from left to right at the horizontal center of the screen the Norway sails through the frame. Then just before her wake fills the screen, centered near the top is the NCL logo and Norwegian Cruise Line, as seen from the sky.

Although the clip ran about 15 seconds, it was a profound advertisement.
                        Sounds like a great ad indeed.

I also had (can't find it anymore) another favourite advertisement which ran in magazines in the 90's. It was a globe covered in a Norwegian flag.... The text read something like 'The world is covered in water, the waters are covered with Norwegians'....

If I find it again, I'll be sure to post it again.

Comment

Great images, especially of the crew of the old Star! I recognize several crewmembers, our captain included!

I'm not sure, but I think the place looks a little bit like Roatan, Honduras?

Comment

Great images, especially of the crew of the old Star! I recognize several crewmembers, our captain included!

I'm not sure, but I think the place looks a little bit like Roatan, Honduras?
                            Spot on! Roatan, Honduras! Not sure I remember which one is the Captain, but I think it might have been Captain Fafalios?

Comment

Spot on! Roatan, Honduras! Not sure I remember which one is the Captain, but I think it might have been Captain Fafalios?
                              I can't see Kostas (Fafalios) on the picture. However, I can see Capt Sverre Sovdsnes. I can also see Frank Moltu and I believe he was chief officer then.

I actually went to Roatan myself, "by accident" with the SS Norway in the spring of 2001. We were doing the Western Carribean run and was supposed to call at the new cruise port of Costa Maya. However, a hurricane had destroyed the port, so for a few times we called at Roatan instead

Comment

I can't see Kostas (Fafalios) on the picture. However, I can see Capt Sverre Sovdsnes. I can also see Frank Moltu and I believe he was chief officer then.

I actually went to Roatan myself, "by accident" with the SS Norway in the spring of 2001. We were doing the Western Carribean run and was supposed to call at the new cruise port of Costa Maya. However, a hurricane had destroyed the port, so for a few times we called at Roatan instead
                                I can't recognize the one standing to the left of Captain Sverre.... I recall that being the Captain?

I had no idea that SS norway had also been to Roatan. Would be cool if you could toss up the dates and some more information on those calls, so that I could add it to her time line on the main page and include Roatan at the page for maiden calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X