No announcement yet.

Norwegian Cruise Line and their Freestyle Cruising [NCL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't yet shown you a photo of Norwegian Getaway! This is because she was anchored too far to the east to be visible from Newhaven harbour.
    But after an excellent lunch we walked to Ocean Terminal and up to the east rooftop car park from where she could be seen beyond Leith port.

Norwegian Getaway is now back in Copenhagen at the end of her cruise.
    Norwegian Spirit will be in Edinburgh (Newhaven) on the 28th of June, the 23rd of July and the 18th of September.

Comment

• pilotdane
      pilotdane commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful photos and I am glad you took us along on your cruise.

Those tenders are massive!

Glad you got to see the Getaway.... she was here in Norway too, but OFF COURSE not in Trondheim.

(PS: We had the Norwegian Spirit today in Trondheim!)
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Inaugural call of Norwegian Spirit to Port of Trondheim, and extremely embarrassing, the quay and Yokohoama fenders were not ready at her arrival.

This forced the Spirit and her guests to wait for a little more than one hour before they could dock. That is embarrassing for a professional port! Inaugural call!

Norwegian Spirit and Serenissima:

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0109 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0119 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0132 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0135 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0143 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 MAVIC-Trondheim Havn- DJI_0147 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ops, it must have been very embarrassing for Trondheim harbor and those responsible that this was not prepared well in advance of arrival.
        This should not happen at all, no good advertising for Trondheim harbor when such happens.

Great pictures from your drone, and "Serenissima" is so small compared to the cruise ship.
        Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

As DS Lyngen says, this is not merely embarrassing but also counter-productive to the efforts made to encourage more cruise calls to a city that has so much to offer visitors. It is all the more disappointing that this was Norwegian Spirit's maiden call in Trondheim.

Although I was away, I kept sneeking a peep at Marine Traffic which I had set up to check on Trondheim (where I would have loved to have been had I not been involved in an event in Glasgow). I was very puzzled by Norwegian Spirit's movements, until pakarang explained what had happened.

Your drone photos are totally awesome pakarang, and it is always special to get ships together in the same image. Looking at the 3rd one especially, I do hope some of Norwegian Spirit’'s guests out on their aft decks enjoyed their view of the beautiful little ship, and perhaps even took photos of her too!

I'm still not even sure exactly which quay Norwegian Spirit was supposed to be at, because the cruise calls listing on the harbour website seems to have changed and (over- efficiently!) doesn't display past days anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DS Lyngen View Post
            Ops, it must have been very embarrassing for Trondheim harbor and those responsible that this was not prepared well in advance of arrival.
            This should not happen at all, no good advertising for Trondheim harbor when such happens.

Great pictures from your drone, and "Serenissima" is so small compared to the cruise ship.
            Yes, indeed extremely embarrassing. Knowing how life on the bridge of cruise ship is, I bet the Captain expressed a couple of words not fit for the Internet.

Also, guest will have a negative impression of the port because they got their time reduced, and will rate the port low on their comment cards. Ports with bad ratings will fall far down on cruise lines future destinations.

And I totally agree, Serenissima is very small when compared to such a big ship, but once you are on board the Serenissima, she feels like the biggest ship in the/your world.

Thank you for your time checking out the images!

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            As DS Lyngen says, this is not merely embarrassing but also counter-productive to the efforts made to encourage more cruise calls to a city that has so much to offer visitors. It is all the more disappointing that this was Norwegian Spirit's maiden call in Trondheim.

Although I was away, I kept sneeking a peep at Marine Traffic which I had set up to check on Trondheim (where I would have loved to have been had I not been involved in an event in Glasgow). I was very puzzled by Norwegian Spirit's movements, until pakarang explained what had happened.

Your drone photos are totally awesome pakarang, and it is always special to get ships together in the same image. Looking at the 3rd one especially, I do hope some of Norwegian Spirit’'s guests out on their aft decks enjoyed their view of the beautiful little ship, and perhaps even took photos of her too!

I'm still not even sure exactly which quay Norwegian Spirit was supposed to be at, because the cruise calls listing on the harbour website seems to have changed and (over- efficiently!) doesn't display past days anymore.
            Extremely counter productive! No wonder we NEVER get visits (anymore) from cruise ships like those of Disney Cruise Line, Viking Ocean Cruises, Crystal Cruises, and many many many more. They are stopping by many ports around Trondheim, but for the most part sail straight by. Anyhow, the ships of AIDA loves Trondheim.

I'm sure Norwegian Spirit guests took pictures of the tiny ship behind them: a good Internet search could possibly reveal some of those?

I will add a couple more images so that you can see where she eventually got to berth for a few hours.

Comment

Norwegian Spirit inaugural call at Trondheim, Norway, June 17th 2019:

Comment

Working...
              X