Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pearl of Scandinavia passing Drøbak today.

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      By the way:
      What was the name of the container vessel that broke in two on a sandbank a few years ago...., belive it was black, but don't remember more?
      Remember a dutch photographer posted pictures on a norwegian ship forum, but I can't find them
      I assume the vessel you are referring to was MSC Napoli?
      Here is a link to a Wikipedia article about the ship and the accident: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSC_Napoli

Comment

Must be the NSC NAPOLI stranded at the South coast of England.
        MSC NAPOLI 29th October 2006

Jack Mulder

Comment

Nope, it was not the "MSC Napoli". Have to dig deeper to try and find those pictures again...

Anyway...., here's a few from Kristiansund this afternoon.
          First the coastal cargo vessel "Vargøy" leaving via Sørsundet. (It's nothing less than a delight to see a norwegian flag astern!!)
          (Jan-Olav: Note the new fence we talked about on top of Sørsundet bridge. They made a 6 meters long opening, so the highest part of the bridge with the best view, is as before)

"Mare Verde"
          Last edited by Sterkoder; June 24th, 2010, 19:41.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank goodness there is an opening for ship spotting! Someone did really listen to us professionals...

Beautiful images of Pearl of Scandinavia Oistein... keep the reports from Oslo coming.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Looking for the broken containership, I came across these casualties:

http://www.containershipping.nl/casualties.html

The vessel I seek is not among these, as it looked like an inverted roof of a house, sloping from the break downward with 10-15° towards the stern and bow.
              She was tugged to a yard that way.

Comment

Thanks to some helping guys on another forum, I found what I was looking for:
                The containervessel was "Fowairet", the hull was gray (not black), and the vessel run aground in the river Westerschelde near Perkpolder in high tide 5:15 AM local time on the 20th September 2005

Foto: Frans Sanderse via Shipspotting.com

EDIT: And embarrassed as I am, I have to admit that the "Fowairet" insident IS documented in the link in my post above here...
                Last edited by Sterkoder; June 25th, 2010, 15:52.

Comment

Wow! Look at that arch in her hull. It really shows the immense (very big) load she is carrying.

Comment

Crown of Scandinavia passing Drøbak

Øistein

Comment

Unknown Swedish sailing ship passing Drøbak 26. June approximately 1745.

Øistein

Comment

I see you give us (me) both date and time on that swedish sailing vessel, but I suspect they don't carry AIS, so I can't help you with the name.

Then, I also see you got "Crown of Scandinavia". Nice and sharp images, and as I usually don't like ship pictures straight from the side, I enjoy that second one there.
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2010, 23:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          I see you give us (me) both date and time on that swedish sailing vessel, but I suspect they don't carry AIS, so I can't help you with the name.

Then, I also see you got "Crown of Scandinavia". Nice and sharp images, and as I usually don't like ship pictures straight from the side, I enjoy that second one there.
                          (You didn't get "Disney Magic" passing Drøbak southbound 15 minutes earlier..??).
                          I searched the AIS myself with no luck.

Disney Magic is here: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...&postcount=237
                          Øistein

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                            "Feed Balsfjord" on her way to the pier this afternoon.

Great image as I would expect.... but the name of the ship does sound like a request to the Government.... feed (the people of) Balsfjord!
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"gallia"

"first eagle"

best regards Thijs

Comment

geopotes 14, dredging out the gate to rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X