X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ombugge;
    i did nothing heard about a ship of vodka that was on his way,
    but i didend say that she was only carrying orangejuice.
    alto if it was, then it will be concentrate,the same stuff that i transported a lot of almost every day and you can't drink that.
    they have told me that for 1 drum of concentrate you need 10 drums of water the make it suiteble for drinking,and even then it won't tast.
    but i don't know of it works with vodka also

pakarang;
    i have see this more here at this quay,from other ships.
    why here ???
    maybe because it issent the buisiust? containerterminal in rotterdam,
    he bin there for several days.

it issent a big ship pakarang,so maybe they can do it this way.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Thank you for the input there. It is as you say not a big ship, but I still think the weight having to be lifted is still quite considerable. The weight on the bow must be quite big, and the forces and stresses on the hull must also be quite considerable over time. Not an ideal condition for sure. But saying that, a ship is an extremely strong construction.

Why they are doing it there, I have no idea. Maybe they have good facilities ashore to do work, the price is right, the place is available, the port allows this kind of operation... there could be many reasons.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Orange Sky": According to my info, the ship is built at Saiki Jukogyo in Japan. The vessel is ex. "May Oldendorff" and has IMO-nr. 9228370. Converted from bulk carrier to fruit juice tanker in 2001, and is still in service.

"Barøy": Built by Fosen Mek. in 1974, this vessel has had a rather 'unstable' life as far as ownership, foreign crew and letting the crew work after proper rules and regs for such employment. Presently owned by Kystfrakt AS, and words are out other places that this vessel per time is laid up.

"Svartfoss": Great to see that vessel in horizontal movement, and with the background on 'asimut's picture, it is stunning!
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
          "Kvitungen" with her rebuilded aft deck wich I understand was done to carry crab pots for the king crab fishing.
          Saw on NAV.no that they were seeking deck hands for "American/Canadian/Alaskan-Style King Crab Fishing Boat".....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Bodø, June 7th 2009:

Comment

The picture was taken in summer 2007

M/S "Atlantic" fully loaded to on the way to Herøy.

The picture was taken in spring 2007

M/S "Atlantic" on the shipyard in Sandnessjøen.
              Last edited by Joakim; September 10th, 2009, 16:06.

Comment

Beautiful stern trawler that "Remøy".
                This vessel is yard nr. 29 from Myklebust Shipyard in 2001, and as might be seen in the bow area, she's re-enforced with 30 mm steelplates in the ice-area.

Comment

Saturnus is a great looking tanker, maybe among the most beautiful tankers around?

Here is writings on a bulkhead of a school training ship... basic seamanship!

Comment

At first I thought a grandmother had been on board embroiding the message

(Reminded me of a kitchen cloth from the old times...., not the text of course, but the letters).

And for that mountain behind "Saturnus", it looks like we're on the moon.

Comment

Just to be clear though, that instruction was NOT painted on the bulkhead of Saturnus....

Actually, it's on the school ship at Rorvik....

Comment

Thought "Finnur Fridi" was an ex. norwegian vessel, but it seems she was delivered from a norwegian yard as is from the beginning. Nice design anyhow...

Comment

another chinese packedge came in this week

best regards Thijs

Comment

Are those motorized barges? They seem to have a cabin with windows at the stern.

Comment

as far i know is only the hull and living-space section what came out of china.
                              the engine and bridge is placed overhere in holland or elsewhere in europe.
                              the first and last picture (with the craneship) ain'n taken on the same day,
                              so unfortunately you can't see that the living-space from some ships are placed at te top of the bow,because the hull what must op top ust have a flat ground and in the hull are some smaller ships loaded.
                              so the cabine/living-space section are probely loose placed
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Tanker "Kerim" at Kristiansund Fisheryterminal this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                                X