This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
    Seen today in Loch Sunart, Norwegian motor cruiser 'Briggen'. She looked Scandinavian (according to my Husband) and then I saw the Norwegian flag so we went to collect our Norwegian friend so she could speak her native language to the crew.

lovely varnished hull

Beautiful vessel once you look past the fenders. I love the wood.

Comment

I've found these details of the boat:
      Briggen built 1970, 30ft
      hull Varnished deck Cream
      Motor Cruiser

They talked about somewhere to the left of a fjord that I didn't know but I'll ask.

The fenders may have had something to do with coming down the Caledonian canal
      Not so very important though, I don't know the crew anyhow...
      The vessel only reminded me of a Ulset Boat production, but looking at the details, I belive the stern is to high above the waterline.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I'm so sorry your Uncle fell ill, I'm glad to see the memory of his boat lives on.
        Thank you so much... I do remember occasional trips on this boat in my childhood very well. Looking at the image again today, I remember his boat as a much longer version, but everything seemed larger when I was young.

I do remember fishing trips, I do remember that very special scent on board and I remember all the wood trimmings. It was a very home-feeling boat.

He lived at Sundalsøra, so the boat used to be docked there, and he used to sail very often to Hitra, Smøla, Kristiansund and other outlying islands. He even sailed all the way to Northern Norway before he fell ill. When he fell ill, my aunt was forced to sell the boat, and I have no idea where it ended up.

I think he used to call his boat Gunn Karin.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Malene Østervold" (an ex. Coast Guard vessel) in Kristiansund today. She's now rebuilt as a seismic vessel

Pilot-vessel "LOS 099" going out
          Last edited by Sterkoder; July 15th, 2009, 16:32.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            "Malene Østervold" (an ex. Coast Guard vessel) in Kristiansund today. She's now rebuilt as a seismic vessel

Looks like they kept the Gun to fend off angry Fishermen off Lofoten

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
              "Wind Horse"(Cayman Islands)
              I had to look and see the details of this boat- found the spec and this video

Comment

What is Wind Horse's purpose? Yacht, military, fishing...

Registered in the Caymans and the glass area on top makes me think yacht. Then the long low lines and gray color make me think military. And then the light tower one the foredeck, and long rods (or thin davit/crane arms) on the aft deck say "fishing".

Comment

Thank you. I hit "enter" one minute too late.

Comment

At first, watching the video Wind Horse looks a bit too fine in the bow. She burries her bow pretty deep in rather small waves. Then I suppose she cuts through bigger waves instead of plowing or climing up them. Looking at the brochure she has the lines of a sailboat, and moves quite fast on a small single engine. Without much superstructure she is incredibly stable. Purpose built for long range, economical cruising. Actually a smart design the more I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                      What is Wind Horse's purpose? Yacht, military, fishing...

Registered in the Caymans and the glass area on top makes me think yacht. Then the long low lines and gray color make me think military. And then the light tower one the foredeck, and long rods (or thin davit/crane arms) on the aft deck say "fishing".
                      I recently read about her somewhere... she is a very innovative concept vessel, and the really unique thing about her is that she is not a sailship, but a motor yacht, but with an extremely low fuel consumption compared to similar sized and type vessels.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Silver Statt in Bodø early May 2009:

Comment

Some of you may remember that back in January this year I almost ended up on this container vessel called Tege: time was not right and due to some factors, I never got to sail on her:

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            Drillship "Bucentaur" left the harbour tonight

This "Bucentaur" gave me a strange feeling that I've "been" here before.... Here's an image I took 3rd May 2007
                            Here is another picture of the Bucentaur in Kr.sund. This one taken by "remote control" from Singapore some years back.

(From NK Web Cam)

Comment

M/S "Nautilus Survey" In shipyard

Comment

M/S "Frigg" In Sandnessjøen

Comment

Working...
                                X