X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helgeland View Post
    Here are some photos of the M/S "Atlantic" my old workplace
    We should not forget to send you a warm "Welcome", Helgeland. We appreciate very much your posts with lot's of interesting ship pictures! Keep on posting and share our forum. It is nice to have another Hurtigruten port represented by a forum member. I hope for some spots of Hurtigruten ships also.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Yeapp, that would classify as forward trim!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Maybe he just slammed on the brakes?

Comment

T/B "Chanko"

M/S "Lovundjenta" Is a boat from Lovund an island on the Helgeland coast. located in norway
          Last edited by Joakim; July 8th, 2009, 15:40.

Comment

"Ross"

"BBC Konan"

(Not all pictures get ok even if the camera is in "auto". )
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I will not bore everyone with small boat pictures from my weekend at the coast, but here is my favorite "I might actually be able to get this" boat.

She is a Ranger Tug R-25
              http://www.rangertugs.com/r/r-25.cfm

I also like this yacht though it has to take second place because it is in the "there is no way I could ever afford that" category.

Her name is Kasekuchen. My zoom lens has failed me. I am unable to read the small name plate (oval shape on the rear deck support).

Comment

I agree with your thoughts about R-25. Very tricky design and full of good ideas. You might get very fast seasick on her on open sea, but with 0,66m draft she is suitable also for all channels and rivers. Too small for 4 persons but perfect for 2 and some guests for one night.

Reminded me looking forward to our houseboat-vacation in the beginning of September.... Yippieee....
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                  I also like this yacht though it has to take second place because it is in the "there is no way I could ever afford that" category.
                  It's called "winning the lottery " Dane!! It could happen!

I love the name--"cheesecake"???!!

Comment

Drillship "Bucentaur" left the harbour tonight

This "Bucentaur" gave me a strange feeling that I've "been" here before.... Here's an image I took 3rd May 2007

Shuttletanker "Navion Norvegia" docked at nr. 8 at Vestbase. Largest ship ever to visit down there, and I was not able to capture the hole length in one frame....

The bridge of "Navion Norvegia"
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 12th, 2009, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      "Nora Victoria" left Kr-sund today.
                      This is a new vessel for me, so I'll have to search for info. Note the car on deck
                      Nothing much passes me, and not so this time either...

Well, to be serious:
                      Just found out what this "Nora Victoria" is all about.
                      She was built at Promek AS at the island Smøla north-east of Kristiansund and delivered to her owners Bokn Sjøservice AS 22. June '09, the day after the delivery.
                      The vessel is Yardnr. 100 from Promek AS.

On my pictures we see a car on the deck, so I guess the owner drove to Kristiansund to pick up the new vessel and then sail her back to Rogaland.
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; July 14th, 2009, 15:19.

Comment

Norwegian visitor

Seen today in Loch Sunart, Norwegian motor cruiser 'Briggen'. She looked Scandinavian (according to my Husband) and then I saw the Norwegian flag so we went to collect our Norwegian friend so she could speak her native language to the crew.

lovely varnished hull

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                          Seen today in Loch Sunart, Norwegian motor cruiser 'Briggen'. She looked Scandinavian (according to my Husband) and then I saw the Norwegian flag so we went to collect our Norwegian friend so she could speak her native language to the crew.

lovely varnished hull
                          One of my uncles had a vessel very similar to that one, a long time ago before he fell ill with Alzheimer. It was a wooden cruiser, quite large, and it reminds me of this one...
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post

lovely varnished hull
                            Just curious:
                            After having your norwegian friend talk to the crew, do you know where they came from in Norway...? Stavern, by any chance...?

(Just trying to find out the maker of that vessel...., which the owner must be very fond of, according to all the fenders).
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; July 15th, 2009, 01:55.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              One of my uncles had a vessel very similar to that one, a long time ago before he fell ill with Alzheimer. It was a wooden cruiser, quite large, and it reminds me of this one...
                              I'm so sorry your Uncle fell ill, I'm glad to see the memory of his boat lives on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Just curious:
                                After having your norwegian friend talk to the crew, do you know where they came from in Norway...? Stavern, by any chanse...?

(Just trying to find out the maker of that vessel...., which the owner must be very fond of, according to all the fenders).
                                I've found these details of the boat:
                                Briggen built 1970, 30ft
                                hull Varnished deck Cream
                                Motor Cruiser

They talked about somewhere to the left of a fjord that I didn't know but I'll ask.

The fenders may have had something to do with coming down the Caledonian canal

Comment

Working...
                                X