Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...., I didn't mention "paint" at all. I wondered about maintenance, as in does every part that need to move really move (due to rust)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

"Freifjord" arriving with more sand to the asphalt factory across the fjord from Vestbase.
      Calm air, mirrorlike fjord, totally silent with just a few seagulls making sound in the background. This is summer!!!

Photos: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

Madam Butterfly

Ro-Ro Vessel "Madam Butterfly" loading at Pasir Panjang Wharf, Singapore some time back. Posting this picture for no other reason than the name. Nice.

Comment

Navigation buoys

on the Northern Lighthouse Board pier in Oban. (both ships were out, I would imagine they have managed to do a lot of work in this good weather)

Comment

"Scan Fjell" sailing into Kristiansund harbour via Markussundet inlet at around 7:00 AM this morning

Both pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

NLB Pole Star

Leith registered Pole Star belonging to Northern Lighthouse Board. Pole Star was built in 2000 in Ferguson Shipbuilders, Port Glasgow.

GT 1174 Tonnes, speed 12 knots. Diesel-electric power through two azimuthing thrusters and two tunnel bow-thrusters. Hydraulic cable-stoppers and a new design of cable winch enable swift and safe buoy-handling. (source: NLB)

at the NLB pier in Oban today.

Comment

While waiting for the Fred. Olsen Cruise "Balmoral" to arrive in Kristiansund, I took this picture of "Bergen Star", leaving Vestbase for...., somewhere...

And live fish carrier "Christine" in the bright early morning light at around ten past seven

Both: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

NLB Pharos

approaching her berth with MV Kerrera also arriving.

entering service with the Northern Lighthouse Board in March 2007 NLB Pharos is registered in Leith and maintains the lighthouses and navigation around our shores. She carries her own helicopter.

GT: 3569 tonnes
                  Speed: 12.5 knots

with Ronja Viking and various fishing boats

at the Northern Lighthouse Board pier in Oban. This pier is sometimes also used by cruise ships and I wonder if Professor Molchanov was waiting to moor here later.

Comment

Ronja Viking

in Oban today. She was moored at the Calmac ferries' pier when we arrived but I think she had to move out because 2 Calmac ships arrived shortly afterwards.

Comment

Nice view for the cows

"Eships Quest" anchored not far from my home

"Fugløy" ('Birds island', in english), whatever they use that thing for...

Former SAR-vessel "Hagbart Waage" leaving the harbour on a charter. (The crew and captain may well have their papers in order, but I allways regarded it bad seamanship to sail with the fenders hanging out).

Comment

Cargo vessel "Mazury" on her way to Sunndal to load aluminium. Here she's seen passing in the fjord abeam my home, and thanks to AIS, I got her just in time....
                        (Just a one minute high speed drive to this position from my house).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          Cargo vessel "Mazury" on her way to Sunndal to load aluminium. Here she's seen passing in the fjord abeam my home, and thanks to AIS, I got her just in time....
                          Sunndal as in Sundalsora, right?

Nice catch!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Jepp...., that's right.
                            I would've written Sunndalsøra, but for foreigners searching the map (for what ever reason that might be) I thought it would be easier to find Sunndal

Comment

I am glad I am not the only snob who looks down apon those sailing with fenders deployed.

I like to watch the TV show "Whale Wars" and yell at the hippies trying to launch a dingy at sea. I am always amazed that I do not see an episode titled "The Sinking of the Sea Shepherd".

Comment

Searched for some papers tonight, and found some pictures I took of vessels in Kristiansund many, many years ago.
                                Just scanned them, and here they are....

Fred. Olsen AS' "Bohemund" about to dock at Vestbase in 1980 to deliver equipment for the huge NATO exercise "Teamwork '80"

"Viking Victory" came with equipment for the Royal Marines/Royal Army (Funny thing, just noticed: Now I see this one is registered in Oslo and flying the norwegian flag. Allways thought this was a british vessel, hence the Townsend letters on the hullside).

I belive this is "Kronprins Harald" of Jahre Line (?). Belive this must be a picture taken in 1983-84, when the ship was used as a mass-vessel to sail up and down the norwegian coast

Here's the beautifully restored "Loyal" in the early 90's

Tanker "Navion Norvegia" docked at Vestbase. Today, 8-9 years later, there are no sea there, as Vestbase has added several thousand m² to their land area

All: ©S. Ludvigsen
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; June 15th, 2009, 01:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X