Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''mangan trader III'' is discharging her load by a floating crane into a barge. (see left)

best regards Thijs

Comment

These little water taxi's ferry guests between three hotels and the the main Universal Orlando compound. I have been able to find very little information about them. Since they operate on private waters they do not carry the usual, very visible registration and I could not find a manufacturers data plate. They must have some type of diesel powered azipod or inboard propulsion system as they can turn within their length and reverse without taking the engine out of gear.

Comment

No comment needed: (Different from the one above)

Comment

''Samskip Innovator'' in the port of Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

made 4 of them,the 2 above, 1 onfocused and the this one,thanks the wind i missed a piece of the bow,otherwise it would have been the best one.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Checking in at this thread - ships certainly comes in all forms and shapes!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Container vessel Lexa Maersk arriving at Pasir Panjang Container Terminal, Singapore:

Assisted by tug Star Commodore:

Comment

Loaded APL Container ship arriving at Eastern Anchorage, Singapore 25.Febr. 2014:

Empty APL Container ship at anchor at Eastern Anchorage, Singapore, 25. febr. 2014:

Empty Container Feeder at anchor at Eastern Anchorage, Singapore, 25. Febr. 2014:

Loaded NYK Container ship arriving at Eastern Anchorage, Singapore, 25. Febr. 2014:

Comment

Bulk Carriers loaded with sand arriving Jurong West Anchorage, Singapore, 27. Febr. 2014:

There are anywhere from 6 - 8 such vessels in port at any time, bringing in sand for construction, or reclamation from Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines.
                    6 buoy berths have been arranged especially for them.

Comment

''gerda'' outbound from Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Log Carrier seen at Jurong West Anchorage, Singapore 03. March, 2014:

Container ship inbound to Singapore, 03. March, 2014:

Bulk carrier loaded with sand approaching Jurong West Anchorage, Singapore, 03. March, 2014:

Awaiting her turn at on of the buoy mooring to discharge her cargo.

Comment

Bulk carrier ready to leave for another load of sand:

Every one of the buoy moorings are taken:

This one is empty and will soon leave:

Discharging by own cranes and grabs into small sand carrier barges with self-discharging facilities:

Sorry, I didn't get all of those last two bulk carriers.

Comment

• pilotdane
                            pilotdane commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Seven stern lines to that one mooring in the third photo? That must be a strong mooring.

"Genco Ocean" heading south this afternoon loaded with salt.(There is of course nothing else to load here in Torrevieja than salt!)

Genco Ocean by Grindøya, on Flickr

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hello Ralf
                            Yes we are back in Torrevieja and enjoying the spring down here in the south.
                            We have been here a month now and the weather is excellent as usual at this time of the year.
                            I'll see if I can post a little now and then so it will not be so long between each time I post something here on the forum.

Thank you for your nice comment

• Tommi
                            Tommi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Bengt, so nice to hear from you again. Have a nice stay in Spain!

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Tommi for your comment.

Ship o'hoy Bengt!

Nice to hear from you - I have been missing your wonderful photography!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for that,Jan-Olav

I hope to be a little more active in the future on the forum.

''uni wealth'' moored in Rotterdam and getting her supplies.

''navion scandia'' inbount for Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X