• Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by DS Lyngen View Post
    Yes Ralf, it is expensive
    Six days stay on board costs you Around kr. 45000
    Do not have any reports from these tours

This ship was originally built for Finnmark County's shipping company (FFR) in 1956 as Tamsøy

Bergsund Rederi AB bought the boat in 2014 in Santa Cruz, Tenerife and sailed home to Stockholm.
    Since autumn 2014, she has undergone repairs, refurbishment and certification at Kummelnäs Shipyard in Nacka.
    AHA!

That's why she looks familiar. I have most likely seen her as Tamsøy at some point. She also reminds me of another VDS-vessel... Strønstad (but they are probably not even close in appearance).

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Yes Ralf, it is expensive
    Six days stay on board costs you Around kr. 45000
    Do not have any reports from these tours

This ship was originally built for Finnmark County's shipping company (FFR) in 1956 as Tamsøy

Bergsund Rederi AB bought the boat in 2014 in Santa Cruz, Tenerife and sailed home to Stockholm.
    Since autumn 2014, she has undergone repairs, refurbishment and certification at Kummelnäs Shipyard in Nacka.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Beautiful vessel.... perfect size and well proportioned like only older vessels can be.

I googled the ship, and it appears that they did a cruise for a Thai University recently...:

Nationality: Norwegian
    Call. sign.: SIVP
    Dates of cruise: From 27 July to 7 August 2018
    Operating authority: Chulalongkorn University
    Owner: Strømsholmen Sjøsportsenter AS
    Name of master: Jonas Lagerholm
    Scientist in charge: Suchana Chavanich
    https://www.fiskeridir.no/Yrkesfiske...ergsund-180628

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Nice vessel! But these trips are not cheap!! Does anyone know about a report about such a trip?

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Bergsund is one of many boats currently on whale watching in the north of Troms county around Skjervøy.
    Here she is inbound to Tromsø this morning.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Fis research vessel.... probably counting the number of fish in the sea... one fish, two fish... etc etc.

Winter has indeed arrived in the north!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    No Powerballs in sight... but they always come unexpected.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    When you win the Powerball???

• pakarang
    replied
    Interesting name I think, very person-related name. I wonder when we get a Jan Olav S sailing along the coast_ ?

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    The river ships are partly still similar with such coast freighters. Same developments.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    The NORDKINN is such a beautiful and sleek vessel: the days of rusty old cargo-ships is thankfully not the norm anymore.

Found a fact sheet on her from 2016, where she is described as a "reefer ship" acquired by NTS Shipping back in October 2017.

https://ntsasa.no/wp-content/uploads...k-nordkinn.pdf

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    And it is now all rolled into the SeaLand brand that also belong to Maersk:
    https://splash247.com/maersk-transfo...sealand-brand/

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    here's an GE image of it. you see the 2 breakwaters, the mushrooms and the dyke

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the additions, kind of cool to have these images from a port too far away.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    Ohhh... I understand, quite a challenge to get the ship to be in the exact right spot that you need.

Pictures of ships I think are best at sea, surrounded by only water.

The so-called "pakarang shots" are challenge indeed, you have to get the ship heading right towards you.
Working...
X