Clear All

Nice, Jan-Olav!!!

Knew you could be helpful....
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Nice, Jan-Olav!!!

Knew you could be helpful....
      As long as you tip me, and I'm available, I'll do anything to please the members of CV...

I was too late for the second one though... she came much later and was towing another vessel. There was no time to get my camera upstairs and shoot her before she disappeared behind the trees.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes, I know. Whenever I clicked on the vessel behind "Hordafor 4" to get some vessel info, I only got the vessel info for "Hordafor 4"....., so I understood it must have been a tow.
        Right now "Hordafor 4" is by herself abeam Roan, whilst the towed vessel "Krusing" has been left at Børøya.
        BTW; "Hordafor II" is on her way north doing 10,8 knots about to start on her voyage across Folla...

Comment

"Viking Queen" left Kristiansund to go out to some rig far out in the ocean...

And on her way, she met "Polarlys" inbound Kristiansund 30 minutes late on her southbound voyage...

In Kristiansund "Eidsvaag Junior" made a short stop to pick up a crewmember

Then she left southbound

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
          Last edited by Sterkoder; April 13th, 2009, 19:16.

Comment

Roy Kristian in Oban

Norwegian fish carrier in Oban this morning. Docked at the NLB quay (Northern Lighthouse Board).

(please move this to a different thread if you think it would be better)

Comment

Great pictures!!
              And do you know what; "Roy Kristian" is designed and drawn in Kristiansund by Atlantconsult Marine AS - Consulting Engineers & Naval Architechts.
              The vessel is built in Mjosundet, just 15 nautical miles north east of Kristiansund, in 2001 as yard nr. 95 from Sletta Ship Yard....

Comment

Nice light in Kristiansund around 6:45 AM on sunny days, as today...

"Island Vanguard"

"Sea Explorer"

One I honestly don't know the name of.... (Found out it must be "Scan Tank") .

Kristiansund
                Last edited by Sterkoder; April 15th, 2009, 23:57.

Comment

Nice to see that you had a most wonderful day today in KSU as well....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

And do you know what; "Roy Kristian" is designed and drawn in Kristiansund by Atlantconsult Marine AS - Consulting Engineers & Naval Architechts.
                    The vessel is built in Mjosundet, just 15 nautical miles north east of Kristiansund, in 2001 as yard nr. 95 from Sletta Ship Yard....
                    Small world!

We often see Norwegian boats in the seas around here and, once the new camera arrives, I'll be able to zoom in close enough so you can tell me the information about them too.

With it being so difficult to get to Norway by sea at the moment; I nearly asked the crew of a Bergen boat if I could join them for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                      Small world!

We often see Norwegian boats in the seas around here and, once the new camera arrives, I'll be able to zoom in close enough so you can tell me the information about them too.

With it being so difficult to get to Norway by sea at the moment; I nearly asked the crew of a Bergen boat if I could join them for the trip.
                      I vaguely remember that they were discussing a boat route between Trondheim and Scotland a few years back: did those plans never matearilize?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                        I vaguely remember that they were discussing a boat route between Trondheim and Scotland a few years back: did those plans never matearilize?
                        There is a weekly freighter that sails from Aberdeen to Tanager and then on up the coast- 'SC Aberdeen' and doesn't take passengers.

There was talk of a passenger/freighter from Rosyth/Norway/Shetland but they didn't get Euro-funding and I'm not sure if they reapplied this year or not.

My hope is that Norfolkline extend the Rosyth/Zeebrugge route into Stavanger and/or Bergen and I've been nagging at those in authority about it. It would certainly make sense judging by the Dutch passengers we met on the Newcastle/Bergen route.

Comment

There was talk of a passenger/freighter from Rosyth/Norway/Shetland
                          Funny how my home town pops up everywhere...

You know, there are still talks and work behind the scene, to establish a freighter route (later passenger combined) between Rosyth and Kristiansund..

And as for "SC Aberdeen", she visit us very often both inside Kristiansund harbour and at Vestbase. Here she is in Kristiansund on a picture taken some years ago

Comment

You know, there are still talks and work behind the scene, to establish a freighter route (later passenger combined) between Rosyth and Kristiansund

And as for "SC Aberdeen", she visit us very often both inside Kristiansund harbour and at Vestbase. Here she is in Kristiansund on a picture taken some years ago
                            It seemed to have gone very quiet, it would be good if they do manage to establish the route or any route.

Next time I'm in Aberdeen I'll try and make it a Sunday and photograph SC Aberdeen there too.

Comment

I am sure you aready asked, but if not - here is the contact adress:

Sea-Cargo Aberdeen Ltd
                              Matthews Quay, Aberdeen Harbour
                              Aberdeen, AB11 5PG tel: +44 1224 596 481
                              Fax: +44 1224 582 360
                              email >>
                              Internet: www.sea-cargo.no/aberdeen

Maybe you can tell them, that there is a difference between passengers and CV - members: Worldwide publicity, photo - reports in the www, positive comments....
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Nice light in Kristiansund around 6:45 AM on sunny days, as today...

"Sea Explorer"

What on earth is the contraption that looks like a tank on top of the superstructure of Sea Explorer? What does she do for a living?

Comment

Working...
                                X