X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yes ,those on a angle are ship cranes, used in smaller ports or quays without cranes or from ship to ship container handling

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Goodness, for a few moments I had a job deciding whether those derricks were on board Seatrade White or on the quayside! They are onboard, aren't they?
    You know, whenever you post pics. of ships moored in Rotterdam I think back to the great trips we had around the docks. I do a little jump of delight, that feeling of "Yeah - I know that area, been there!"

• janihudi
    replied
    ''seatrade white'' moored in Rotterdam

''team adventurer'' moored in Rotterdam, getting anchor changed??

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''Pirita'' inbound for Rotterdam

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the new addition.

Just noticed the reefer ships further back as well: those are a type of ships that are getting more rare each day, as everything gets shipped by container for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    RV "Helmer Hanssen" in Tromsø strait earlier today.

RV Helmer Hanssen by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I have seen this vessel now at least 3 or 4 times in Trondheim over the course of the year so far. I have always wondered why she came here each time, car-carriers are not normal for this port at all.

Firstly, I thought she might be bringing those pesky "metro-busses" to town, but in the past, they were brought here by SeaCargo Express.

I haven't been to the port area for quite some time, but if she is bringing Tesla's to town, I will certainly notice it on local roads.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Just saw the damages from the 2017 collision with the container vessel.
    I'm sure I saw a picture from the harbor area in Trondheim yesterday, it might have been on Facebook, where a quay was filled to maximum with Tesla cars.
    Maybe they came with this ship?

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    She is managed by Nissan and has been in the news not too many years ago: http://www.maritimeherald.com/2017/h...at-kiel-canal/
    I didn't know that there were any major reception area for new cars in Trondheim? (Usually Drammen)
    Maybe on a different mission this time.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    When looking at #4471, I get a Die Hard in New York with Bruce Willis feeling. But that was M/S Tananger.

Anyrate, here's a new one for me, never seen in these waters before, the vehicle carrier CITY of AMSTERDAM.
    She arrived the Freifjorden 1 Anchorage yesterday evening from Trondheim, and as I took her pictures here, she's on her way to Belgium and Zeebrugge.
    Just managed to take the pictures as I spotted her when on may way home from work. Took the first one with my 28-105mm, then changed to the 150-450mm.
    IMGP1170 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​IMGP1171 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 2nd, 2019, 20:08.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''Bal Boan'' ,the former ''Evolution'' moored in Flushing Holland

''Fenja'' moored in Rotterdam

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

''em corfu'' moored in flushing Holland

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''Pacific Reefer'' moored in Flushing Holland

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Runa" inbound to Tromsø this evening.
    The owner of the boat, Boreal Maritim AS, Skjervøy has assignments from a number of customers, including fish farmers, oil companies, contractors and others.

Runa by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Silver Bergen" at anchor in Tromsø strait today.

Silver Bergen by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X