X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Global Carrier" at anchor in Tromsø strait today.She has unloaded parts to a windfarm.

Global Carrier by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    KVITNOS and KVITBJØRN are among the most beautiful cargo ships on the Norwegian coast these days.

They have become a common and usual sight for many, even here in Trondheim where they have a call at least a couple of times each week. They come, stay for a very limited time, and then they are off again to their next destination.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Kvitnos" (FO) at anchor in Tromsø strait today.

Kvitnos at anchor by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Oh, Mr. Svetakov, when are you going to visit Trondheim (and invite me to be your Captain)....

Sorry, can't help it....that's the way I am.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The Cloudbreak is in Aalesund now and can be admired at Skansekaia:

Here is a google translation from smp.no today:
    According to superyachtfan.com , Cloudbreak is owned by Russian billionaire and businessman Alexander Svetakov. The yacht is 72 meters long and 12.4 meters wide.

The reason why the yacht is visiting Ålesund may be related to the fact that the boat's designer, Norwegian Espen Øino, will give a lecture during this year's Innotown, which starts on May 21st. 6 of the world's 15 largest luxury yachts are designed by Øino. The ship designer also stands, along with Rolls-Royce behind the design of Hurtigruten's new expedition ship MS Roald Amundsen and MS Fridtjof Nansen.

Read more about the internationally renowned ship designer and Innotown here.

Cloudbreak is built by Abeking & Rasmussen, and was delivered in 2016. Christian Liaigre designed the boat's interior. There is room for 12 guests with a crew of 22 people. The luxury yacht can also be rented from time to time.

According to Forbes, Svetakov is good for around $ 3.1 billion.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the image of a typical "coastal trader", one of many ships we normally not pay much attention to.

Looks like she has a relatively new "gravemaskin" on deck. ..... excavator I mean.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Kjervaagsund" north Tromsø strait earlier today.

Kjervaagsund by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Remarc View Post
    Niagara Falls tour boats to be replaced...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other...qMg?li=AAggXBV
    Saw a preliminary rendering of the new battery-ships for Niagara somewhere. I guess their batteries will be powered by the waterfall.

Leave a comment:

• Remarc
    replied
    Niagara Falls tour boats to be replaced...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other...qMg?li=AAggXBV

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    If I have to pick a favourite between Cloudbrake and Stockholm, it would be an easy pick.

If I had to pick just one of the ships to go on a trip with, it would be an easy pick.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Stockholm" (SE) had a short stop in Tromsø to fill diesel before they continued their voyage up to Svalbard this afternoon.

Stockholm by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Cloubreak" is getting ready for departure from Tromsø on friday last week.
    They got a pilot on board and headed south to Svolvær.
    The ship will arrive in Bergen on tuesday morning.

Cloudbreak by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    "Fleur De Lampaul" (FR) inbound to Tromsø a few days ago.

Fleur De Lampaul (FR) by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Spectacular - that looks like a really wonderful moment with calm waters and ultra special evening light.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    M/Y "Magna Grecia" inbound to Tromsø sunday night.Her hull is kind of grey-ish,but in the darkness she looks more white.

Magna Grecia south Tromsø strait by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X