Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the 'Guests'

Hi there, Guests!
    Every day (on any given time, mostly) you are about 80-90 individuals in here, hopefully to look around and see what we are doing in here.
    Why don't you sign up and join in...??
    CVF needs traffic!!!!
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 14th, 2012, 12:26.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Re: To the 'Guests'

Totaly agree.
    As a quite new member and usually not a custommer of forums I can tell that is very interresting to be onboard this virtual cruise.
    Many things to learn,to share,and great occasions for fun.
    Take care it may become an addict sickness!

Comment

I have noticed that even in what would be middle of night in Europe (morning my time) there are seldom less than 50 guests on line, looking at all kinds of thread.
      Some of those "guests" may be institutions such as search engine sites upgrading their records by automatic means, not real persons.
      Still, this "proves" that we have a following outside of Europe

It is not unusual to see the number of guests tipping 100 when people start to wake up in Europe, which indicate that the majority of guests are from that continent.

According to the records: "Most users ever online was 265, 4 Days Ago at 19:34" (That would be S'pore time)

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        I have noticed that even in what would be middle of night in Europe (morning my time) there are seldom less than 50 guests on line, looking at all kinds of thread.
        Some of those "guests" may be institutions such as search engine sites upgrading their records by automatic means, not real persons.
        Still, this "proves" that we have a following outside of Europe

It is not unusual to see the number of guests tipping 100 when people start to wake up in Europe, which indicate that the majority of guests are from that continent.

According to the records: "Most users ever online was 265, 4 Days Ago at 19:34" (That would be S'pore time)
        Yes I am often amazed at the amount of guests compared to members. At the moment it is 17.05 here in Jersey and I am the only member on with 75 Guests. Is it because of time difference in other countries , as we dont know where guests live.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Right now, 10.05 p.m. GMT, there are 72 guests plus myself. But before the recent upgrade to CVF if you looked at the traffic you would see Guests (i.e. people) and search engine spiders. If I remember correctly there were always far more spiders than people. But after the upgrade it has said only Guests. I doubt very much if there was any sudden massive increase in the people just visiting, so when I first noticed this I asumed that now anything/anybody tapping in to CVF is shown as guest, whether a human being or a search engine. The latter would trawl many times a day with the constant activity on a large forum like ours.
          Last edited by wherrygirl; May 15th, 2012, 00:09.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ok...., I will not try to analyse what a 'Guest' is, and for me, it's not interesting.
            My point is that the traffic has declined on CVF, and I will not belive anyone trying to tell me different.
            My fear is that I'm going to loose a forum which has given me so much, and led me to meet interesting people in real life....., not where you all surf or stay on the internet.

Comment

I'm sure that some of the "Guests" are members just checking in for updates but not logging in. I have done so myself especially if I don't have the time to sit at the computer for a long time, but want to keep up on some items being posted.

Comment

Didn't think of that possibility, as I'm logged in on each pc and iPhone at all times. Glad I'm overreacting then.....

Comment

Right now I'm the one member with five guests. I guess I scared most of them away.

Comment

Yeh....... well......
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                      Right now I'm the one member with five guests. I guess I scared most of them away.
                      I dont think so ! I wonder what was special last week when we had 265 online I miss the captain when he is not with us, do you think he keeps us all going when he is back on the forum. ( follow my leader lol )

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Somebody scared away some of the guests, that is for sure.
                        Since this thread was started the number of guests has dropped quite a bit.
                        For a while I never saw less than 50 guests, even in the middle of night in Europe. Today I saw 25 when I tuned in this morning, my time.
                        (Or could it be the summer holiday??)

Comment

Somebody scared away some of the guests, that is for sure.
                          Well, all I did was asking them to register and be a part of our family....

Seriously, it could be summer or it could just as well be FB(==

Comment

It IS FB. If you want to follow the moves of Pakarang, E, HurtigruteMartin and some others, you must watch FB. And maybe Pakarang has some Thai followers, who moved over to FB. That would explain less traffic at Ombugges visit times.
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                              It IS FB. If you want to follow the moves of Pakarang, E, HurtigruteMartin and some others, you must watch FB. And maybe Pakarang has some Thai followers, who moved over to FB. That would explain less traffic at Ombugges visit times.
                              Well, I am not into Facebook and have no plans of joining, so we need to keep this forum going for like minded members. (And guests)

Comment

Working...
                              X