X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Eek, help, oh crumbs.
    But no, Ivy, Mark is at the helm so we won't notice anything.

• PoloUK
    replied
    Hi - just to say that I do need to do a forum upgrade at some stage. We're one update behind at the moment, but I'd prefer to take us forward one step at a time.

I'll try to get that done in the next week or so, ideally when I can see that not many people are on line.

Just in case anyone goes on and finds the system doing strange things.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I would NEVER have been able to continue doing this hadn't it been for the critical rescue from PoloUK!

There is so much more than THANK YOU I would love to say... there are no words to express my gratefulness. My knowledge is not THAT strong on all these technical terms.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Underlined, put in bold letters and added a couple of exclamation marks!!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    (because we leave it a few weeks between an upgrade appearing and being brave enough to try),
    Now Mark, none of this "being brave enough to try". You have got into an excellent routine when updating the forum and take every precaution, backing up everything every time. And it works!
    I think we are now beginning to take it for granted that we no longer have to get exasperated with software problems as you have it all under control. Take it for granted, yes, but that in itself is a great compliment to you and your skill.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Great to know.
    I think that the most important is to keep the forum software "approximately updated" :-) As least as long that vBulletin don't release critical safety patches.

• PoloUK
    replied
    Well, would you believe it. I haven't got as far as updating to the latest patch level (because we leave it a few weeks between an upgrade appearing and being brave enough to try), and there's a new version of the software available!

As ever we'll stick to the same routine. I'll update our test site, give it a couple of weeks, then back up and update the main site. Hopefully before the next upgrade comes this time.

The list of what this does for us can be found here ...
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-now-available

Nothing earth-shattering I don't think - just keeping up.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    There is a new security patch that we need to install soon. I have installed it on the test site and all seems well, but as usual we'll leave it for a couple of weeks before backing up the main site and upgrading.

(Don't forget you've got a Photobucket problem in your signature on each post J-O.)
    Excellent - signature issue taken care of. Removed broken image-link and removed old, non-working links. Should have been done a long time ago, but .... oh, well...

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    There is a new security patch that we need to install soon. I have installed it on the test site and all seems well, but as usual we'll leave it for a couple of weeks before backing up the main site and upgrading.

(Don't forget you've got a Photobucket problem in your signature on each post J-O.)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thank you so much for the hard work PoloUK - without you I have no idea where we would have been today.

I don't have the experience like you to get all these things done and I'm very grateful for all your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, thanks to guru Mark - CV would not work as well if you desert your post! Have a merry Christmas and all the best for 2018.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Our Mark comes up trumps once more. I've come to realise that it doesn't really matter all that much if vBulletin plays up, for he will be on to it in a flash and sort it out again, and again, and again. Thanks, Mark.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    During my first session everything went well. I will continue my Ireland trip report this week, then i will be into more details. I will report, if there will occur some strange things. But up to now - erverything okay and really quick. My compliments!!

• PoloUK
    replied
    OK, so we're upgraded to vBulletin 5.3.4. I hope nothing has stopped working, it seems to be all right from the checks I have carried out so far, but no doubt we'll find something that no-one else has ever thought of! Had slight issues with Safari on first post, but cleared caches and all was well. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Agree with Ralf, and I'm a Flickr-guy now.
    The pictures I've uploaded to Photobucket are not lost, I only have to find the picture I want, click 'Save as' to my pc and then upload it to Flickr and use it on CVF, if I want to.
    A real detour, yes, but in this way I can reload a picture if someone ask for a particular one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X